Cuddy Buddy - Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"Hi Sierra. What do I owe the pleasure of this lovely phone call?"

"I can't find Sydney."

"Well I figured that," Johari responded with a laugh.

"I got suspended Jo, they told me to go home early today."

"What did you do Sierra?"

Why did everyone think she did something wrong? She had called her mother and got the same question so Sierra hung up on her. "Nothing! I think my boss is racist."

Johari paused. "I thought she was biracial."

"Whose side are you on?"

Sierra walked into her home and shut the door behind her as she continued her conversation. Serenity had made a complaint and Sierra was sent home after being reprimanded by her boss. At least it was Friday and she could start her weekend. She threw her bag and shoes on the floor.

"So, what do you have planned tonight? Feel like taking a drive to see your favorite person."

Johari laughed. "I would but I have plans with my other person."

"Who?"

"Jonathan."

Sierra walked into her bedroom and started stripping out of her clothing. After pulling her blouse off she realized that window cleaners were watching her. Sierra pulled a titty out her bra and flashed the middle-aged man. He almost fell off the platform.

"Are you going out or something?" she asked Jo while closing her curtains after blowing the man a kiss.

"We're having a game night."

Sierra snorted and fell against her bed. "You two are so boring."

"You should join us. We play some monopoly and talk. It's nice."

"Only way I would enjoy that is if there was alcohol involved. I think I'm going to binge on junk food and watch Netflix all night." She sounded as pitiful as Johari and Jonathan now.

"You know Ethan has been asking about you."

"Bye Felicia."

Sierra heard Johari's laughter as she ended the call. Sierra was aware that Ethan had been checking for her. She saw the messages and heard the voicemails. CeCe, if you need anything, I mean anything don't hesitate to call or text me.

She had been tempted to call on many occasions but always stopped herself. She didn't want to feel vulnerable and it seemed that she and Ethan always bumped into the same issue. He wanted more while she was fine with less. At this moment, some dick and company is what she wanted but she didn't want to talk about any feelings. She laid on her bed and looked at the ceiling for a few minutes. The quiet was aggravating her.

Damn she was lonely.

She called Johari back. "Are you cooking for me if I come?"

Friday afternoon Ethan was busy at work looking for a new home for one of his established clients. Quinton Berry had purchased a beautiful property on the lake last year. It was a gift to his new wife. Ethan loved his job and helping a couple create a foundation and roots in Texas. It was unfortunate that Quinton security company took a loss and he had to put the house on the market. It sold for just under nine hundred thousand and Ethan had advised the couple to find a smaller home and put majority of the money in the bank just in case their hard times continued.