Chapter 14: Leaving Satina At Last

Start from the beginning

-Lucy P.O.V-
"I'm so, so sorry," I said to Erza, ashamed of my earlier actions. "I don't know what came over me."
"It's fine, Lucy," she replied. "It's probably just another thing that we don't yet understand. I bet Natsu would've done the same thing if he was in your situation."
"No," he muttered back, from the corner. "I would've done much worse."
Once Natsu had made sure I was safe, he'd retreated back to the corner of the hotel room, then continued to gaze out of the window. I would often glance at him for a while, wondering if there was anything I could do. It was around midnight now. I didn't think anyone would be getting much sleep tonight.

-Natsu P.O.V-
Everything was...slow. My emotions were  gradual, and not very strong.
I didn't care about much. My opinions were bland. It hurt me inside. I felt so lifeless, and lonely. The only true feeling I had was my desire to keep Lucy safe. And that was something I barely understood in itself.
"Lets leave tonight," I told everyone.
"What? Tonight?" Levy asked, surprised not only by my suggestion, but by the fact that I'd spoken at all. Everybody had been discussing future plans for the past hour, while I'd stayed quiet in the corner.
"There's no point in staying here any longer," I continued, getting up. "Like Erza said, we were supposed to be in Crocus and back by now. I've already delayed this journey enough."
"Don't blame yourself, Natsu," Lucy said kindly.
"I'm sorry once again, everyone," I continued. "It was my mistake."
"Well, it's in the past now," Cana said cheerfully. "And I think leaving tonight is a great idea."

-Lucy P.O.V-
We began to pack our bags. Since our one day visit to this town had become a week long, we'd bought spare clothes from the various shops around the city.
"Do you think we should send a letter to Makarov? And explain why we're so late?" Wendy asked. Cana shrugged as an answer.
"The council could be tracking the mail. Makarov said he has something to do with all of this. So the council must be after him, too. I think sending a letter would put him in too much danger," she explained.
"Wow...I'm surprised! I didn't realise that..." Wendy muttered to herself, giggling.
"We'll take the night train to Ferloin," Natsu suddenly broke in. "Gramps doesn't need to know anything." He threw his duffle bag over his shoulder. "Is everyone ready?"
We all nodded, except for Levy who was trying to stuff her books into her newly bought suitcase.

While we were walking down the hallway towards the entrance, we heard frantic footsteps. Everyone paused, waiting to see what was rushing towards them. Soon enough, Bisca came running up the stairs in a panic. However, when she saw us with our fully packed suitcases, she seemed to calm down some.
"Are you all ready to go then?" She asked, panting.
"Yep," I replied, smiling.
"Good," Bisca said. "Because the council are here."

"What? Here?" Wendy began worriedly.
"They're just downstairs. I pretended I was the hotel owner, and told them I would go and get the guest list so they could see if any of you had checked in. But I'm pretty sure they're going to get suspicious soon."
"Thank you, Bisca," Erza said, placing her hand on her shoulder. "You've been a great help. But I'm afraid we'll have to cut our visit short."
"Of course," Bisca replied, grinning. She reached down to her belt and pulled out one of her pistols, and spun it within her fingers. "The council don't stand a chance against these babies, anyway," she bragged.
"Oh no, please don't," Wendy replied. "We don't want to get you in any unnecessary trouble. The council will put you in jail if you fight back!"
"Wendy's right, Bisca," I added. "Now, do you know if there's a back door to this place?"

-Erza P.O.V-
"Natsu Dragneel! Show yourself!" We heard a man cry with a loud, booming voice.
"They must be onto us by now," Lucy muttered, getting Sagittarius's bow ready. We all barged through the back door on the third floor of the building, which had metal stairs outside that led to the ground. However, we realised that the building was already surrounded by the time we got outside.
"Damnit, now what?" Natsu said, looking around for options. I quickly equipped my Heaven's wheel armour.
"Circle sword!" I shouted, as numerous swords of mine began to fly towards the council guards below us. "That'll slow them down," I told everyone. "Now let's go!"

It was a desperate run to freedom. We all wanted to avoid using magic wherever possible, but in some cases it was a necessity.
"Solid script: Water!" Levy shouted, as big liquid letters spelling out 'WATER' appeared above the guards. Before they had any time to dodge, the letters drenched them completely.
"Give back the Rosafelt children, you criminal!" A commander shouted.
"I'm not a criminal!" Natsu yelled back angrily.
"They're not gonna believe you, you know," Cana said, laughing. He scowled at her, then kept running.

-Natsu P.O.V-
They ended up chasing us all the way out of the city and into the forest. The further we ran, the more they seemed to increase in numbers. Soon enough, they had us surrounded.
"What are we going to do? If we hurt them, it'll just worsen our reputation!" Wendy said, glancing at all of the guards.
"Charge!" One of them cried, and suddenly they all began to run towards us.
"W-Wait! What are we going to do?" Cana said.
"Use whatever defence you have!" Erza ordered, equipping her most shielded armour.
However, as I watched them all charge towards us, something came to me. I wasn't that smart, so I wasn't good at figuring things out. But this involved Lucy. So it was clear to me.
"They need me for something. Something important."
Lucy had said that about the council. They need her. Of course, they need the other Rosafelt children, but they need Lucy's trust so they can get whatever they want. So they're not going to hurt her, which means...
"They have a plan..." I whispered to myself. I gasped, realising it was urgent news. "Guys! They have a-"
A woman in Rosafelt attire suddenly emerged out of the crowd of council guards. However, she was still young. A child.
She wrapped her legs around Lucy's neck, so that they both tumbled to the floor together.
"G-Get off me!" Lucy cried, trying to scramble away.
The Rosafelt child placed her forehead against Lucy's, and chanted two words.
"Conscience control!"
Lucy, along with the girl, immediately fell to the floor. Extremely panicked, I went to grab Lucy. But I felt something whack me around the head from behind, and darkness consumed me before I had any time to react.

-Erza P.O.V-
I watched, unable to do anything, while Lucy collapsed to the floor and Natsu got hit by a council guard, joining her.
"Lucy!" I cried, worried for her safety. However, my sadness quickly turned to rage.
I equipped my clear heart clothing, while my sword glinted in the early sun.
"You'll pay," I hissed, getting ready to attack. Unfortunately, my attack couldn't be carried out. A council guard hurriedly picked up the Rosafelt child's body, and they all fled into the forest's shadows.
"Huh?" Cana muttered, lowering her guard.
"Lucy, Natsu!" Wendy cried, getting down beside them both.
"Are they okay?" I asked, as my battle clothes vanished and my normal outfit returned.
"Natsu's head slightly wounded, but he'll recover," Wendy explained. "And Lucy's completely fine. So why did she pass out?"
I stared at both of them, unconscious on the floor.
"I promise, sir. I'll protect them both."
Were those just empty words?
I clenched my fists by my side.
"Well, at least they're not hurt that badly," Levy said cheerfully. I walked over to Lucy, and rested her on my back.
"Someone get Natsu," I ordered. "Come on. We're going to Ferloin."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yay! They're finally leaving Satina! Lucy and Natsu have had it pretty rough...although it's only going to get worse lol
THANKS FOR READING, AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!! Xxxx