1-Little Black Dress

Start from the beginning

Alex brushed through my hair and brings me out of my sorrow-filled memories. She brings the curler up to my head and makes large ringlets around my face. She quietly sprays it with hair spray and she then goes back into her bedroom to get her makeup bag.

I wish I could've told Isabelle that she was the best friend I'd ever known. She was the nicest and most honorable woman I'd ever met. She was twenty-three and it was her first tour. I was twenty-two at the time and it was my second. I should've taken the night patrol, but she insisted. I should've been blown to bits that night, but I wasn't.

Alex comes back and I stand up in front of the mirror. She outlines my eyes and applies heavy dark makeup. My silver irises look almost white. She finishes my eyes and I try to lighten the mood by posing in the mirror. Alex and I both laugh while she digs through her bag for lipstick.

Isabelle left her baby boy and husband behind while she fought for our country, and she will never be able to return to them. She won't kiss her baby goodnight or hug her husband, and I believe it's my fault.

Alex holds up a stick of crimson red lipstick. I frown at her at first then think, hey, I deserve a little party sometimes, and I let her put it on my lips.

I smile at her and give her a huge hug.

"You aren't mad at me for bringing up Afghan?" She asks as we pull away.

"Nah, it's okay. You better go get ready if we want to get a good parking spot."

---

"Let's go in here." I say, pointing up at the sign of one of New Yorks biggest clubs.

"Are you sure, it looks really crowded?" Alex asks me, aware that I have indeed been drinking tonight.

"Find me if I get drunk." I say before pacing over to get in line.

The bouncer at the door is about to ask me for my name, to see if I'm on the list, but he rakes his eyes up and down my body and just let's me in. Is that a complement?

"Name?" The man asks Alex.

"She's with me." I say and he nods, a smirk on his lips as he looks up and down me again.

I resist the urge to kick him in the nuts.

Horny bouncer...

I grab Alex's hand and pull her forward into the pouncing music and flashing strobe lights. My grip never looses as I lead her over to the bar.

We both sit on a barstool and order some lady-drinks. The bartender also looks up and down my body, and I feel exposed. Or do I actually look good? I've never really given it a thought, people who have seem war learn to be selfless and noble.

I take in that feeling, I look good.

Alex and I make small talk until our drink arrive and I put my ring-covered hand out to take the drink and slide it closer to me when the bartender asks me a question.

"What's you name?" He asks in, I'm guessing, the sexiest voice he can do. I smile at him through my lashes and respond.

"Out of your league." I mean, c'mon! He looks like he just graduated yesterday. His face is covered with acne and he still hasn't grown into all his baby fat.

He tilts his head to me in understanding and walks away.

"Hey, if you didn't want him, I would be happy with your trash." Alex scoffs from beside me and I let out a shriek of laughter, probably catching the eyes of every other male in this entire club. I quickly put my hand over my mouth and close my eyes.

"Yeah, you're drunk." Alex says. She eyes my drink and then slowly scoots it away from me. We only went to one bar before coming here and I only had...

four margaritas. Oops.

"Fine, I'll go dance then!" I say in defiance and she rolls her eyes. It's like taking care of a child.

I'm well aware of my chest moving up and down as I bounce to the beat of the music, catching the eyes and every male species in a twenty-foot radius.

Soon enough, a guy who is probably six feet tale with a mop of brown hair grabs my hand and whispers in my ear.

"Wanna go to my place, love?" His deep and raspy voice catches me off guard, and I can hardly see his face with the black lights around up.

Hey, I'm drunk, why not?

My high level of intoxication doesn't tell me that this is a horrible idea.

I smirk and he leads me through the crowd by my hand and we arrive at the door, leading out. We step out into the chilly night, past the bouncer who is still making googly eyes at me.

Was this actually a good idea? Probably not.

---

Don't worry guys, the chapters will get better(:

The song from this chapter is "Little Black Dress" for obvious reasons...

See you soon!

Lots of love,
Marilynskirt xoxo