Chapter 50

We finish our last pose for pictures and then Casey says, "We should really get going. We don't want to be late for the reception."

Everyone agrees and then we go back to the limo. We arrive at the firehouse in no time and head towards the doors. Everyone else goes inside while Kelly and I wait outside to be announced. About a minute later we hear Casey say, "Let's give a warm welcome to the Severide's!"

Kelly and I join hands and walk into the firehouse where we are met with lots of cheers. I smile widely as we make our way over to our table and take a seat. Dinner and drinks are served promptly and then we listen to everyone give their speeches. Kelly and I give our own and then we expect that it's time to cut the cake when Jake steps up to the microphone. Kelly and I take a seat in confusion and then Jake takes the microphone from Casey. He unfolds a piece of paper, clears his throat, and says, "First of all, I'd like to congratulate the two of you on your marriage. For the year I've been living with you two, I can tell that you're absolutely perfect for each other."

Jake smiles at us and I smile back, realizing that he's prepared a surprise speech for us. He then turns back to the guests and says, "I'm sure that everyone here knows that Kelly and Quinn both have big hearts. I feel so privileged to have had them adopt me and call me their own son. This past year of my life I've felt more love from them than I've ever felt before. I don't want to know where I'd be today without their undying love and support."

Jake changes papers and Kelly and I join hands. Jake then continues. "Quinn, thank you for being such an amazing mother. You always know just what to say to make me feel better. Whenever I feel directionless I think of what you would do and then I have the power to continue forward. Kelly, thank you for being an amazing role model and showing me what a man is supposed to be like. You've shown me your endless love and how to properly treat a girl. I wouldn't trade any of our time spent together for anything and I'm so proud that I get to call myself your son. The two of you are both amazing people and I'm so happy for you, today and every day. Thank you for making me part of your family. It means more to me than you'll ever know. I love you both."

As he hands the microphone back to Casey Kelly and I both wipe our tears away. Jake then comes over to us and we share in a huge family hug. When we pull apart I say, "That was absolutely beautiful Jake. Thank you."

He nods and then Kelly and I go and cut the cake. After everyone has eaten theirs we dim the lights and Kelly and I go to the dance floor. We join together and then 'God Bless the Broken Road' by Rascal Flatts begins to play. As we begin to sway to the music Kelly pulls me closer to him so his arms wrap around my shoulders and my arms wrap around his waist. As we continue to dance he says, "I love you so much Quinn Severide. You'll always be the one for me."

I smile up at him and say, "I love you to Kelly Severide. I can't wait for forever with you."

He smiles and then we share in a passionate kiss. We dance for a little bit longer and then the song ends. We spend the rest of the night in absolute happiness as newlyweds surrounded by family and friends.

When the evening finally draws to a close Kelly and I make our way out to his car and in no time at all we're on our way to the airport so that we can fly to Paris for our honeymoon.

----------------------------------

Hey guys! Thank you so much for 50 100 reads! I can't believe we've made it that far. So I won't be able to update next weekend as I'm on a leadership retreat but my plan is to update the weekend after. Thanks for being patient! -Becca