Chapter 22

I pause the TV and stand to get the door. When it opens I see Dawson standing there; tears flooding down her cheeks. She sets her bag down and then throws herself into my arms. I take her over to the couch and set her down, then grab a glass of water. As I hand it to her I take a seat in the chair across from her. After she calms down a bit I say, "What's wrong? Oh, and feel free to say whatever you want. Kelly and Jake went to a movie together and won't be back for a bit."

 She takes a deep breath and says, "Well I haven't been myself lately and then it occurred to me that there is a possibility I could be pregnant so I took a test and sure enough, I am pregnant."

 I nod and after taking another sip of her water she says, "So I went to Casey's apartment to tell him the news and let him know he's a Dad, totally normal thing to do, right?"

 "Yes of course."

 "Right. But I get there and knock on the door and it opens a little bit. Now Casey never leaves the door open unless he's home and even then it's usually closed. So of course I'm a little curious. So I decide to go inside with my guard up. The lights are off so I'm being super careful but then my eyes adjust and I realize that his place has been tossed. I'm extra careful now as someone could be in here waiting to attack anyone who comes in as I make my way to the living room. I get there and I kind of stumble over something on the floor. I look down to see what I could've tripped over and find a dead girl lying there. I quickly called Voight and then got the hell out of there. Casey is missing."

 Once what I've just heard sinks in I embrace her in a huge hug and say, "They'll find him. Why don't you stay here tonight?"

 She nods and we head upstairs.