Chapter 41

When I wake in the morning I see Kelly and Casey talking in my room. I smile at them and say, "Casey, what're you doing here?"

A frown spreads across his face and he says, "Dawson had a miscarriage. It was touch and go with her for a while but she's alright. The baby never had a chance."

"That's heartbreaking. Can I go and see her?"

They both nod and Kelly quickly finds me a wheelchair. He helps me get into it and then we exit the burn unit and go down the hallway to the ICU. When we enter Dawson's room her face lights up at the sight of me. Kelly puts my wheelchair beside her bed and then he and Casey both leave.

I hold her hand in mine and then say, "Dawson, I'm so sorry. That's such an awful thing to have happen to you but I do understand how you feel. When my fiancée and I in Boston first started dating we became pregnant. We decided not to rush a marriage and took things slow but about three months in we went to our doctor's appointment and found out that the baby simply wasn't there. It had died at some point in the past month and we had no idea. I know that losing a baby is heartbreaking but I'm here for you."

She smiles and says, "Thank you Quinn. That's really brave and courageous of you to share that story with me. Anyway, how're you doing?"

"Really good. I feel fantastic and my burns don't hurt at all. The worst part of it all is honestly the ointment that has to be put on the burns. It smells awful."

She laughs and then looks down at our hands. Her eyes go wide and she says, "Please tell me that that's an engagement ring."

I chuckle and say, "It is. Kelly proposed last night after he had found out that I had woken up."

She smiles, pulls me in for a hug, and says, "I'm so happy for you guys! This is huge!"

I thank her and then the boys come in and we all chat together for a few hours.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry that it's been so long since I last updated but thank you for being so patient! Also, thank you for 32 300 reads! It means so much to me.

First of all, that new Casey fanfic that I was telling you guys about is officially up! It's called Murderous Love and I would really appreciate if you guys could go and check it out.

Secondly, some of you have expressed that you would appreciate longer chapters so I'm going to be playing with various lengths. If you come across a length that you like, please let me know! My main goal here is to give you guys longer chapters while still maintaining the suspense that I like to have!

Thank you all so much and I hope that you have a great weekend! -Becca