Chapter 48

July 20th. The day has finally come. I get to marry my best friend and absolutely nothing has gotten in the way.

I smile as Kelly and I walk up to the firehouse holding hands. We immediately set to work pulling the trucks out of the firehouse. We only have four hours until the ceremony starts so if we're being realistic here, we have three hours to turn 51 into a wedding venue.

Once the trucks are on the driveway I begin to decorate them with white roses and white flower petals. When I finish I help Kelly set up chairs and tie red fabric on the back of them. About an hour later we finish with the chairs so I begin to get the alter ready while Kelly sets up the tables for the reception in the parking garage where the trucks usually are.

A few minutes later an older man walks up to me holding a box of pizza and says, "Where can I find Kelly Severide?"

I call Kelly out and when he sees the man he says, "Dad! I didn't think you'd make it."

Kelly stands beside me and then his Dad says, "I wouldn't miss your wedding. Is this your soon-to-be wife?"

Kelly nods and says, "It is. Her name is Quinn Cole."

We shake hands and then Kelly says, "Quinn, this is my old man Benny. I'm sorry that the two of you haven't met before now but he's not in town a whole bunch."

I shrug so that Kelly knows it's not a big deal and then Benny says, "We should eat this pizza before it gets cold."

Kelly and I agree and then we go into the firehouse to eat. Benny tells me stories of Kelly as a kid the entire time we eat which makes me smile. I haven't heard a lot of stories like that from Kelly so it was nice to hear some from his Dad.

When we finish eating the pizza Benny leaves and then Kelly and I finish setting up.

------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for 45 000 reads! So this chapter was a filler before the wedding, as I figured it was probably important for Quinn and Benny to meet beforehand. Hope you enjoyed! -Becca