Chapter 3 Afterward

© 2011 by LousTomlinsonsgal All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courage is fire and bullying is smoke -Benjamin Disraeli

“If you're horrible to me, I'm going to write a song about it, and you won't like it. That's how I operate.” -Taylor Swift

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. -Harvey S. Firestone

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Some people won't be happy until they've pushed you to the ground. What you have to do is have the courage to stand your ground and not give them the time of day. Hold on to your power and never give it away.” -Donna Schoenrock    

“Each of us is a book waiting to be written, and that book, if written, results in a person explained.”

-Thomas M. Cirignano, The Constant Outsider

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think back to that night daily, always reminding myself how it felt to be bullied. I see that much more then bullying. I see that as harassment and a minor case of physical abuse. But, that is my thoughts on things.

This whole chapter is kind of my thoughts on the matter and life afterward. So, since this happened about two weeks ago, I have been giving this thinking daily.

So here's what happened afterward:

After that day, everyone in our class began to ignore her. (She was in my class) Her little cliche was in the other class which included Carol and this other girl, who I won't even go into. Well as I was saying, everyone in our class ignored her. Well, the only time we talked to her was if it was required for school, the boys swore at her, or if she forced us to talk to her.

One day, when she wasn't at school, the whole class was in shock. That day, a sudden weight was off our shoulders and we all laughed and joked more then before. When Lucy was here, she made the room seem heavy and everyone had to hid their thoughts. But, when she was gone, you could see the change in us.

After not even a week, Lucy met with the principal for a good hour one day. All of us girls expected to be called to the office, to have a 'talk' about us being bullys. When all we did was stay away from her. I don't see the harm in that because if some people were to close, they would snap. 

Well, we never have actually been sentenced to the principal's yet or I don't think ever will. But soon after, Lucy transfered classes. Not to be mean, but we couldn't be that lucky as to have her switch schools. That was the worst mistake that could have ever been made. Because although I might not be popular, I was liked by most. Most people in my grade stood by me for the first time.

Everyday they would ask her, 'Lucy, why are you such a b****?' and she simply did nothing. Well, one girl in the other class shared a locker with Carol. That girl, o I feel so bad for her. They moved Lucy into Carol and that girl's locker. Well Carol being the...... she is, took out the girl's books and things and left them on a desk saying this was her's and Lucy's locker.

Well, she turned the other cheek on that one and never spoke a word. Lucy's little sister who is in 6th grade, is unliked by most of the girls in her grade. But the 'queen bee' of 6th grade, happens to be Samantha's cousin and tells her everything. The sister always wanted approval from everybody, so she told the cousin everything, who told Samantha, who told me. And that's how far it got.

Lucy changed the entire story, making me seem like the b**** and made her seem like the poor inocennt girl. This didn't go over well, because no one believes it, but I will never have the same relationship with my teachers. No, we weren't like secretly dating or anything, but my teachers and I were very friendly. One teacher, rarely talks to me now, because I am such a 'mean person'. 

To add even more of a twist on this little sob story, is that Samantha and Lucy used to be bffls! Well, that was when Samantha hated my guts because Lucy pumped them with lies. About how I am two-face and that I'm not who I say I am. But, anyway, Lucy before all this happened and a little bit after, was trying to take me out of the picture.

I know, that sounds like a generic story where two guys fight over a girl. I wasn't really fighting because I knew Lucy had already lost. But, Lucy kept harrassing Samantha online using Facebook and wouldn't let anything go. She said, I had made up all these rumors and that this was all my doing.

So, just kinda like the night before volleyball, Samantha (instead of me) was crying on the phone with me. We were on the phone from seven till ten p.m. while Lucy was chatting with her. Sam doesn't have thick skin, like I have grown. She is so much more mature then me at some things, but when it comes to this she can't do anything. I helped her as best as possible but, there was no helping it.

This all had to come out sometime, and this time was now. Off like a band-aid sort of thing. Well, that night ended Lucy's 'friendship' with Samantha and Sam was happy. No longer would could she touch anyone because she lost her 'friend' with popularity status. Samantha isn't popular but she is well liked all around.

I can't even tell you how I have been feeling. No, my nose no longer hurts. And you know what makes me angry? Is thinking that one little thing, started this. No one is perfect. And nobody is ever going to be! So why bother putting someone down, if they just stand back up? I mean, I now know how strong I am! I thought I was a wimp who just read about this in stories. But this is real. 

What they tell you about bullying is a lie! Everything that they told me didn't help me at all. People at my school aren't bullied face to face, mostly by rumors and sort of online! They tell you to ignore it, and I did. But it made things worse, like I could stand it when I couldn't. Getting an adult in my situation, wouldn't of helped because that would have added to the fire! My advice? Stand up to her and show her you ain't nothing! You are something! And be damn well proud of it!

I always knew it was real, just never thought it would happen to me. The other day, I was looking for good backgrounds on my Itouch. This background was perfect for me because it made what I'm feeling make sense. My new background is a reminder that I'm not perfect, I'm never going to be perfect. I am what I am. And no one owns me! I am my own person and no person for that matter is going to make me nothing.

"You never know how STRONG you are...until being storng is the ONLY choice you have."

I love ya'll and I hope you liked my story about my experience about being bullied! Please vote and comment on your thoughts because I love hearing from you guys! The only reason I kept going was for you and I owe you many thanks!

<3 Bullied girl no longer <3