Chapter 7. After Rage

Start from the beginning

I aimed while peeking through the scope and I caught sight of his ear. He screamed in pain when the bullet sliced through his ear, missing his brain by a mere inch.

"Where are you parked?" I asked, scrambling to him and digging through his pant pockets to find the keys.

"Be-Behind the d-diner." You seethed in pain, barely able to speak your words. I grab and clutch onto the keypad of your car in my left hand when I find them in your pocket.

Fuck.

We need to sneak back to the kitchen and leave through the back entrance. I go back to peeking through my scope and sprayed another set of fatal bullets towards two men sneaking out from behind the vehicle.

"Rage, we need to go through the kitchen, I am going to distract them, you need to crawl your way towards the kitchen, I'll be right behind you -" I stop speaking when a bullet hits just right at the bench we were hiding behind.

I gasp and duck.

"What - I am not going to leave you behind -" I cut you off and shout.

"Do you have any other ideas genius!" When your jaws clench, I knew I pissed you off big time. Now was not the time for chivalry.

"Now!" I whisper shout and start spraying the bullets, I knew I would soon run out of mag. When I turn back to look at you, you were right there, having not moved an inch.

"Rage" I cry out in frustration, grabbing your hand in defeat, and taking cover from the broken benches, I run with you towards the kitchen and almost immediately they start the attack. A scream escapes my mouth when a bullet passes right through my hand, scraping me lightly.

I lose my footing and fall to my knees. Turning around I let loose some shots at them to make them duck. You grab me around my shoulders and pull me behind the counter. I gasp for breath, trying not to let the burning pain blind me.

"Scar" you whisper in agony, turning my arm to check my wound, the blood was seeping out through the tear of the skin. It wasn't as bad as yours.

"I am ok, just a scrape. C'mon, let's move, I don't have many bullets left in the mag." I lie through my pain and we duck towards the kitchen while more bullets are shot towards us. Holding on to the key tightly, we run towards the door in the kitchen. I open the back entrance, let go of the gun in my hand and help you out the door, we run towards your black Mercedes in the dead of the night with the heavy rain pouring down on us, soaking us wet immediately. It sounded like fireworks behind us, some might think people are celebrating because of the football match, and no one would even bother to come and check.

"We need to go to the hospital," I say rushing towards the car and clicking on the keypad to unlock and opening the door for you. Once you slide in the passenger seat, grunting in pain, I shut the door and run to the other side, trying to ignore my own searing pain, I could barely see in the rain.

"Motherfucker" I scream when another bullet just almost hits me, if these guys weren't such terrible shooters and the heavy rain wasn't on my side, I would have been dead ten minutes ago. Whoever gave them guns, didn't train them before sending them here.

What in the ever fuck do they want from us? Are they here for you, Rage?

I get into the car and panic, I have not driven a car in three fucking years, and this one is too technologically advanced because I could not spot the ignition to start the car.

"That button" You point to a lightened-up button near the steering wheel and I press it immediately, just as one of those idiots comes hurling towards us on top of the car. The car engine picks up and I grab the steering wheel, press the brake and the clutch with my feet, release the brake and because I have not driven in so long, the car flies through the street, sending the man toppling down under us, I run over him with zero regrets as several bullets hit the car. It might be bulletproof because none of the windows shattered on impact.