Hold me

My eyes flutter open at the sound of a door closing. It's dark but there is a little light from a barred window about eight feet up. The moon's light makes the damp, stone floor glisten. I try to stand up but I stumble. my right wrist is chained to the wall with only three feet of chain allowing me to move. I feel a sharp pain in my stomach that makes me whimper but after a minute or two it subsides I begin to panic as the silence makes my ears ring.

"Kayden! Kayden where are you?!" I yell though I'm fairly hoarse from lack of water.

I listen for a moment then I hear shuffling somewhere in the darkness of the cell. I squint my eyes, trying to see who or what it is. I hear a low groan.

"T-Tara? Tara is that you? A-are you okay?" He stutters.

"Kayden! Where are we?! Who took us?! What's going on?!" I rush out with tears streaming down my eyes.

I get as close to his voice as I can and Kayden does the same. I are able to hold each other's hand once we both stretch as far at we can. His icy blue eyes hold reassurance as he squeezes my hand.

"Tara, listen to me. We're going to be fine. Okay? We will be alright." He says with confidence.

But I knew better. He was scared out of his mind too. Another tear slides down my cheek and a sob escapes my mouth. I close my eyes tightly to stop the tears but they wouldn't stop, they just multiplied. He rubs my hand with his thumb and I slowly open my eyes. He had tears running down his cheeks too which made me more afraid. He's not scared of anything! He's supposed to comfort me and tell me it will be alright and that I'm just overreacting.

"Shh sweetie shh, we will be alright. I promise we'll be alright. Just calm down sweetie...calm down." He soothes as he runs his thumb over my knuckles.

We sit like this for who knows how long until the cell door opens revealing bright light behind it. Kayden growls and holds my hand tighter. I close my eyes because of the light. I suddenly feel my shackles fall off and someone grabbing my upper arm. Kayden must've escaped and got me out!I open my eyes and see that it wasn't Kayden or anyone I knew. I struggle but I'm too weak to even make him break a sweat.

"Kayden! Kayden!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"Tara! Let her go! Don't touch her!!"Kayden roars as he pulls on his shackles.

I keep struggling until a feel an excruciating pain in my cheek. I look up at the man who is holding me and he slaps me once more. I Yelp in pain but don't struggle against him. I hear Kayden growling and clawing the stone floor. His Wolf has taken control because I was hurt and Kayden couldn't get to me. I feel another slap and I fall to the ground.

"Don't struggle or make a sound again! If you do, you'll get something worse than a couple of slaps! Got it?" He yells at me while ripping me off the ground roughly.

I wince then I slowly nod. The man drags me out of the cell as I try to see Kayden. I can't leave Kayden! I just can't leave him! I need him! I try to mind link him but it's no use. I look at the walls and realize why I can't contact him. silver coated walls? What the heck! I suddenly feel the sharp pain in my stomach again. I just ignore it as I'm brought to a fancy lounge room and seated on a sofa. I rub my belly protectively as I sit there. I then hear a door open and I see a tall, dark haired man come in. That's him! He was the one that got away at the rogue camp! I strides toward me until we are just a foot apart. I could now tell he has some age on him, probably mid-forties.

I lower my head in fear and respect because I know he is an alpha. He lifts my head up and gives an evil smile. I shiver and close my eyes tightly.