"Hurry up," she snapped and I let out a breath, preparing myself. When my heart calmed down enough, I pushed open her door and stepped just inside the room.

Diane was sitting up in bed, her arms crossed as she looked me over. A sneer formed on her lips.

"Why am I just finding out now about you being out all night? And Maria, thinking it was okay, followed your lead. How dare you be a bad influence on my daughter?"

She was on her feet in moments, stalking towards me. I didn't move because I knew if I showed any weakness, like taking a step back, then whatever she was going to do to me would be worse.

Diane gripped my upper arm and tugged me back out the door, through the living room, across the hall and into the kitchen.

She pointed to a spot in the middle of the room. "Stand there and don't you dare fucking move." She turned around and stalked out the room.

If this was all she was going to do to me, I would have been fine. I've stood for hours as a punishment before. But I knew she wasn't done with me yet and was proven correct when she came into back into the kitchen with a chair and rope.

She slammed the chair down next to me.

"Sit."

I sat.

She wrapped the rope around my torso, tugging it tight and tying some knots. She then wrapped it down my arms, nearly cutting off my circulation, before finishing up by wrapping the rope around my legs.

I couldn't move. I could barely even wiggle. The rope bit into my skin and I forced myself to still. Just another patience game. I could do this. Just sit here and don't move.

Diane sneered at me, her eyes bright with satisfaction. She turned to get a cup of water and paused.

"What is this?" she held up my bottle of pain medication.

My eyes widened as I stared at the bottle. I forgot them on the counter after taking them earlier.

"Where did you get this?" she asked.

I licked my lips. "They are from the car accident. The doctor gave them to me."

She snorted and tucked the bottle into her robe. "You don't need them."

She walked away, leaving me there with only pain as my company.

With my throat feeling better, I was able to hum to myself, whispering words when I needed a distraction against the discomfort as my body stiffened and grew sore.

Μου λένε να γελώ,

σαν να μην σ' έχω χάσει,

να ζω μακριά σου όμως ποτέ,

δεν το 'χα σχεδιάσει,

μου λένε όταν σε δω,

να μη σ' αναγνωρίσω,

όμως τούς χτύπους της καρδιάς,

εγώ δεν τους ορίζω,

Μα τι μας ενωνει,

τώρα που γίναμε δυο,

τι μας γλιτώνει,

απ' αυτό το χωρισμό,

μα τι μας ενωνει,

τώρα που γίναμε δυο,