Chapter 7

*Sol 79*

It has been 48 sols since we planted the potatoes, so it's time to reap and resow. We now have 400 healthy potatoes. 

"They grew better than I thought they would." Mark commented as he put all the potatoes into a box to be put in the kitchen.

"Well, they were grown by a botanist so..." I said.

"Really?" he chuckled and I just shrugged my shoulders.

We were relaxing after spending many hours planting when I had an idea and ran straight to the computer. I looked at Chryse Planitia where Pathfinder is.

"Mark! I have an idea to get in contact with NASA," I said and he nodded his head for me to continue, "Pathfinder. We could find Pathfinder and try to get it working again. It may be a long shot but we should give it a go."

"We could give it a go, but what if it doesn't work?" he replied.

"We'll deal with that if it happens." I said.

*Back on Earth*

Mindy was looking at her computer when she noticed that they were moving again.

"They are moving again." Mindy commented.
"Where the hell are they going?" Vincent questioned, "They haven't changed course for 13 days. They are nowhere near the Ares 4 site."
"Unless they are not taking a direct route. They might be trying to avoid some obstacle." Mindy suggested.
"What obstacle? It's Acidalia Planitia. There's nothing out there except the..." Vincent stated but then realised where they were going.

"What?" Mindy asked.
"I need a map." Vincent said.

Vincent and Mindy made their way to the cafeteria where they had many pictures of Mars. Vincent walked in and grabbed one of the pictures off the wall which showed Acidalia Planitia.
"Hey, come on. What are you doing?" one of the workers asked.
"It's all right. It's all right." Vincent reassured.
"Can I borrow this?" Vincent asked a worker as he picked up the rule rand marker that were on his table.
"Okay ,so where is the Hab location?" Vincent asked Mindy
"31.2 degrees north, 28.5 degrees west." Mindy answered.
"Okay. Where's Watney and Brooks?" he asked as he placed a dot on the coordinates.
"There." Mindy replied as she pointed at the place on the map.
"Okay.Okay. I know where he's going." Vincent stated, "I need to get on an airplane."

*Sol 94*

As we pulled up to the Pathfinder site, we climbed out and began to inspect the land to see where it could possibly be. While walking around I stumbled over a wire.

"Hey Mark, I found something!" I shouted over to him and he made his way over to where I was. I showed him the wire and we decided to see where it led to and we soon found that it lead to a massive piece of material that unveiled Pathfinder.

"Yes!" we shouted in unison and we high fived.

We both grabbed a shovel and started to dig it up and we placed on the roof of the Rover and began our journey back 'home'.