Chapter 8

Kassidy's POV

"Leah. I know it was you who dated Joel. Not Johnson. I just.... Leah. I'm Sorry. Joel cheated on you with me."

Everyone gasped.

"Relax. I knew it was you."

She smiled.

"B-but how?" I stammered.

I was shocked.

"I'll explain." a familiar voice said.

"Actually. We'll explain." Leah gestured for the person to come over.

"JJ?" we all gasped.

"That's my name. Don't wear it out." he chuckled.

"What's going on? Why is HE here?" Veronica asked, her face was red. I could tell She wanted to kill him right then and there.

"Relax Ron. Anything Leah told you was mostly fake. We're friends. See." Joel slung his arm around Leah.

Surprisingly, She didn't push him away.

"You see. Our relationship was already very out of line. We didn't really feel the spark between us anymore. Then I found out you liked JJ and he had already started to fall for you." Leah explained.

"So She told me to hook up with you. I purposely let my phone Call her to let her know when to text me the break up note. Then, we created the cover story so that if anyone asked. That's What we'd Tell them. I also told you that I was dating Leah Johnson because She was leaving the school at the time." JJ continued.

"It was the perfect opportunity to Tell you She was leaving because of the break up. It was also because we were a secret couple that only some people knew about. I didn't want to hurt our friendship. Besides. He's dated her before and we only dated for 9 months." Leah finished.

"We're really Good friends. Always have Been. That bullying thing was also just a cover up. I could never hurt someone who's done so much for me." They both smiled.

JJ pulled Leah closer to him.

I felt jealous. They looked like a perfect couple. Something that we could never be.