Chapter Eight: Daring Stranger

Start from the beginning

George, my previous driver, was a cheerful old man. I trusted him with my problems when I couldn't talk to anyone else. The fact that he retired so suddenly without even a warning bothered me. Naomi hired the new driver specifically. It was all too suspicious. I really wanted to go look for George at a later time for reassurance that there was no foul play involved and he left on his own accord.

"Sera." I finally spoke up, "When do I have free next?"

"Hold on." she said looking through her bag. She pulled out a small notebook and flipped through the pages. "Next week."

"Good" I responded. Sera looked at me questionably. She wanted to know why I asked but I shook my head. I was being careful about what I said around the new driver.

We turned into the mall's parking lot and I had to check twice to see if my eyes weren't playing tricks with me. Mikhail was walking towards the mall with his friends from last time.

"Drop us off here." I told the driver. He stopped and did as he was told, "Don't wait up. I don't know how long I'll be. I'll send for you when I want to go home" he said something along 'yes, sir' but I wasn't sure because I nearly jumped out of the car to catch up to Mikhail. I heard the complaints of Sera and Max as they opened their car door and chased after me.

{Dylan}

"Stop worrying!" Dylan told his best friend, Mikhail, who had a troubled look on his face for the past thirty minutes.

"We left my dad in charge of the shop." He said annoyed, "You really think it's still going to be standing by the time we get back?"

"Of course. Don't underestimate your dad." Dan said jumping into the conversation.

"Don't overestimate him, either." Mikhail said. He shoved his hair out of his eyes. He was letting his hair grow out too much again. Dylan always worried about Mikhail's health because he never watched himself properly. Dylan knew al too well that Mikhail would never ask someone for help, which is why he always showed up uninvited to his home and checks up on him. The idiot would probably fall with a fever and not tell anyone.

Dylan reached over Mikhail's shoulders and hugged him tightly as they walked. Dylan was a few inches taller than Mikhail so he could see perfectly over his head. "Just relax and have some fun, Love. You deserve it." He said with a small smile. It wasn't anything odd for Dylan to call anyone love. He said it often, many times without thinking.

Dan nodded enthusiastically in agreement, "Yes! You need time for yourself."

"I'm not by myself. Kind of defeats the purpose of 'time for myslef', no?" Mikhail, oh so helpfully, pointed out.

Dylan shook his head but kept his arms over Mikhail. Sometimes his best friend took things way too seriously. He wouldn't trade him for the world, though. Mikhail was the first to actually befriend him when they were younger. Well, technically, Dylan was playing volleyball during gym with a couple other kids and accidentally hit the ball to Mikhail's head and when he rushed over feeling guilty and about to apologize. Mikhail threw the ball out the open window in anger. When Mikhail was younger he was angered very easily. As time went on he learned to control his anger. Since that day, he started hanging around him despite kids and teachers around him telling him that Mikhail was a monster.

He didn't believe some thing so ridiculous. Even if he was young. Eventually, them hanging out became the normal and they became close.

"Smart ass." Dan scoffed. "Just relax and- oh, hotties at one o'clock.

Dylan and Mikhail both turned heir heads in the direction that Dan had pointed out. He smirked softly as he saw Nico, Seraphina, and Max coming their way.