Heart Monitor (I)

I AM SO BATSHIT-HO-TITTY-MOTHAFUCKIN SORRY FOR THE DELAY, LOOOOOOOTS OF COLLEGE HOMEWORK, WORK-WORK, AND BODY HIDING... ignore that last one please... BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND DEMONIC MISSDAGGER, NO DEATH-THREATS!

THANK YOU,

INMATE #413-612-41225

...I mean Kurohana!

Kayla POV (0o0)

I rode with Dani to the hospital; she got the call from Jacks and said she'd go talk with her mom about the paperwork. I was going for Dani, though she never says she's probably freaking out about her uncle, Jai and Jacks... I guess that's what makes her like Jai...

"Hey Dani..." I started

"Yes?" She hummed

"You dated Jai... Why'd you guys break up?" I asked

"Well we were never actually dating, we went on 2 dates. And they were lovely, but it just felt too... friendly... like we were family really. So we decided we'd just be so... plus I saw on Caleb's face a bit of jealousy."

"But you're not jealous of Caleb with Jai now?" I asked

"Not at all." She smiled

"Why not...? Jai's awesome." I wondered

She shrugged a bit, "We're too alike I think. We worry for others too much, so instead of worrying about everyone else, Jai would need someone to worry for him. That's not who I am, I always think Jai knows best for himself... and that I don't need to worry about him." She smiled, "But Caleb... he'll worry about Jai and also make Jai see himself differently... Jai will... bloom from Caleb's nurturing. Even the sarcasm and perversion will make Jai grow in some way."

"Huh" I grunted, "Seems like you'd be a really good matchmaker." I pointed out

"Hmm, that's a thought. What about you Kayla?" She asked

"What about me?"

"Well, you confessed to Jacks but... I think that you should... look back at him... you're very caring and he... needs a motherly but fun person. I think you should talk to him." Dani smiled

"Hmm... maybe." I felt my cheeks heat up at the thought and just kept driving, the silence was comfortable and Dani just had a coy smile on her lips as she texted her mom, as we pulled in her phone chimed and she read me the text, "My mom will be here in an hour or so...I'm going to call my dad." I nodded and parked the car. As we stepped out I saw Jacks sitting on a bench outside. I pointed for Dani and she moved her hand in a "go on" fashion while smirking at me. I felt my cheeks heat up but went anyway.

"Hey Jacks" I mini waved at him

"Hey Kayla" He looked tired, "thanks for bringing Danielsa... I needed someone here and she's cool."

"What about Mike?" I asked while I sat next to him keeping some space between us

"He was just here... he went to get me coffee." He rubbed his face and then combed it through his hair

"So... how're you feeling? I mean, I assume shit but what else?" I ask

"Kayla... did you just curse?" He quirked a little smile

"Yup" I popped the p grinning, "I don't at home or school...but and Jai doesn't see it often but I cuss like a mother." I smirk, "So how you feeling?"

"Like... well shit seems about right." Jacks chuckled. "I just... he's my dad and I thought I knew him until yesterday... he's always been an ass, but yesterday he.. .he"

"Was a dick? A bastard? King of douche-baggery?" I chimed in

"...aha..hahahaHAHAHAHA!!!" Jacks burst out laughing, "Oh my god...just... HAHAHAHAHA!"

"You okay Jacks?" I asked, "I mean I know I'm silly but...you're freaking me out..." I laugh

"Haaaa, I just needed that I guess..." He sighed, "I'm sorry with how I acted toward your confession. Again."

"And I accepted... besides I should apologize about Jai." I started; this was my fault so I'm going to tell him. "

"So... I'm guessing this all started with how I acted?" Jacks sighed

"Yup... It all started with revenge..." I smiled and recounted everything that had happened, what Jai told me and why he had done it.

"So you guys are rich, but Jai did this for a gaming room?" Jacks laughed

"Yup, he doesn't believe in taking our parents money much, and they don't mind giving us some; but we're trying to learn not to go crazy. Jai's better at it than I am..."

"Huh..." Jacks stood up and cracked his back and neck, "well, honestly apology accepted. Also, when this is all over... y'know my dad and all that... do you want to get a coffee? I'd like to get to know you and Jai too. Try and make amends..."

"That'd be nice..." I started, "what are you gonna do about your dad though?"

"Honestly? I have no freaking clue..."

"Soooo wing it." I shrugged, "works for me."

He chuckled, "Sounds good." He looked over at Dani who was waving for him to come over, "I'll be back."

I nodded, "take your time... I'm gonna step inside, get a snack." Standing I walked inside and went to the counter. "I need to see Charles Arthur please." I told the nurse acting panicked

"Oh well he's currently stable, but visiting hours ended 15 minutes ago." She told me

"I know I just really need to see if he's okay." I fake sniffed, "please."

"Oh... well he's in room 216... don't let anyone see you. 10 minutes tops, then I'm coming to get you out. Keep this secret."

"Keep what secret?" I smiled softly and turned toward the stairs. I started climbing them and made sure no one saw me head toward the icu wing. Staring at the numbers and seeing his banged up face made my face wrinkle. I twisted the knob and his one non-black eye cracked open. His mouth had a breathing tube in it. I stood by his side and clipped his heart monitor to my finger. I stared down at him and smirked.

"Hi Charles... we need to talk."