Chapter 7 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

I swung around to see Alex jogging towards me lightly before he slowed down to a walk and soon I was in his arms.

"My father doesn't know what you know." He whispered into my ear before lifting my chin up and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Do what you feel is best, and if there is danger ev-"

"Evacuate, I know Alex." I nodded as I interrupted him and smiled, letting myself into the house and leaving him standing outside.

I leaned against the door and sighed before brushing the hair from my face and taking a few breaths.

Walking up the stairs, I felt my heart growing heavier and I shook the feeling from my body before I rounded the corner to my room. I flung the door open and slightly relaxed as my green walls greeted me, no longer was my room barren and withered. I had breathed life into it.

My hands shook as I clasped the buckle where my weapon was strapped to my leg. I tightened the vest beneath my shirt and nodded once at myself in the mirror before descending the stairs.

"Danielle, do you have a moment?" Hannibel spoke as he puffed on his pipe at the dining room table.

"Of course," I nodded and took a seat.

"The Alpha tells me you are having doubts, would you like to talk to me about it?"

I shook my head, clasping my hands together and leaning forward.

"This mission...I don't like the circumstances. I am going into enemy territory to find someone who is the equivalent to a needle in a haystack. Hannibel, there is great danger within the lines of a Rogue-led pack."

He sat back in his chair, taking a few more puffs of his pipe and nodding his head.

"It is your duty to command your warriors, as you are the eyes and ears of this operation, and I have confidence in you. However, trust your instincts to the best of your abilities, there is no such thing as a negotiation with Rogues."

The last thing he said resounded with me and I felt a shiver make its way down my spine.

I shook his hand and left the house running towards the perimeter to meet with my warriors.

The entire way I felt my beast start to awaken within me and my eyesight improved tenfold, my breathing started to steady as I felt myself taking strides and feeling each of my warriors running behind me.

We stopped near the perimeter and I addressed them once more,

"This is where we all shift, Hannibel is taking care of your Noctidium and I will be running beside you. Do not interfere unless I give the signal, then you may reveal yourselves but remember gentlemen, a life is at stake here. Do. Not. Be. Hasty."

I nodded at them all and they reciprocated before I turned my back and straightened my shoulders, feeling my claws and paws extend as they ripped through my shoes.

Soon we were all running and my warriors split off into groups of three where they became camoflauged to every wolf but myself. I pushed on faster and felt sticks and leaves slashing my face as I cut through the forested areas of the territory, if the Rogues really had a 'pack' they weren't going to make it easy to find.

Suddenly I got the urge to stop and my eyes caught sight of something.

'Fifty miles West, there is smoke burning and I smell blood.' I alerted my warriors as we shifted course.

We were soon brought to the bunker in which I could hear muffled conversation and what seemed to be a bit of violence.

'We move.' I spoke once more before I closed in on the bunker.