The Bridge

Jack ran outside the house in the pouring rain crying, not caring who he pushed out of the way. Mark sat on the couch with his head in his hands thinking of the fight he just had with Jack.
~~~
Mark didn't come home last night. Jack tried calling him multiple times, but was always sent to voice mail. He gave up on calling him and went to bed without taking his antidepressants.
~~~
He woke up the next morning with Mark's side of the bed still empty. He let out a sigh and rolled out of bed slowly getting dressed, ignoring the pills. He grabbed his phone and sat at the edge of the bed trying to call Mark, but was still sent to voice mail. He sighed and threw his phone on the bed.

Chica pushed the door open with her nose and sat next to him. "Hey Chica. Want to go for a walk?" Chica stood up and wagged her tail. He laughed at how excited she got. He grabbed her leash and hooked it to her collar. Jack walked Chica hoping to calm his self down, but he kept worrying about Mark.

He got back to the house and saw Mark's car parked in the driveway. Jack ran to the front door opening it seeing Mark sitting on the couch. "Hey Mark." He let Chica go and she runs upstairs to her bed. Mark didn't answer and just lets out a sigh. "Where were you last night?" Jack asked as he sat down next to Mark.

Mark mumbled something under his breath that Jack didn't quite pick up. "What?" Mark put his hands down and looks down at the floor. "I know I made a mistake, but jus-" Mark got cut off by Jack talking over him and standing up. "You slept with someone else again didn't you?" Mark just looked down and sighed. "I thought so." Jack said with his voice cracking.

"You know what Mark?" There was a slight moment of silence. "We're done." Mark looked up at Jack in shock with tears forming in his eyes. He tried to speak, but Jack cut him off yet again. "No! I'm done with you sleeping around with random people. I'm done with you cheating on me." Jack hid his face and ran out the front door crying. Mark sat on the couch crying.

Jack ran down the street not knowing where he was going. 'You know he never loved you. He was just using you.' The thoughts kept coming to him. After a while Jack knew where he was running to.

Mark grabbed his phone and started to call Jack. He heard Jack's phone ringing upstairs. He hung up and grabbed his car keys. He ran to his car and started looking for him. He was driving over a bridge when he saw Jack standing on the sidewalk starring over the side of the bridge. Mark quickly pulled over and ran over to Jack who was crying as he started climbing over the edge.

Mark ran over to him and grabbed his waist pulling him away from the edge. Jack gasped from Mark's grasp. "Let me go!" Jack yelled at Mark as he tried getting out of his grasp. "No! I'm not letting you die." He sets him down away from the edge. Jack hid his face into his hands crying harder. Mark pulls him into a tight hug. "Did you take your pills?" Jack shook his head. He placed his hands on Marks chest pushing him away. "Why do you care? All you care about is getting laid."

Jack walked over to the edge and started climbing over the edge. Mark ran up to him and pulled him away. "Let me go. I thought you didn't care about me." Mark walked over to the car and set Jack in the passenger seat. "No! I'm not going home with you." Jack yelled as he got out of the car. Mark walked over to him and grabbed his hands. "You may not be coming home with me, but I'm at least going to make sure your safe."

Jack scoffed and let go of his hands. "I'd rather walk in this pouring rain and look for a place to stay then be in the same car and building with you." Before Jack could walk away Mark cupped his cheek. "If your leaving I'm at least going to get one last kiss." He brought Jack into a kiss. He pushed him against the car as Jack started to kiss back. The kiss lasted a couple minuets. Mark slowly broke the kiss and opened his eyes. "Can I please help you find a place to stay?" Jack sighed and shook his head.

The tears fell down Jacks face. "This is probably the last time I'm going to say this, I love you...Bye." He walked away crying.