Seven Ways To Sunday (13,14)

Chapter 13

I sat outside the hotel in my car. Was I really about to do this again. I mean this time it was something that I was aware of, something that I was actually conscious of. I clutched the stirring wheel trying to get up the nerve to either leave or go up to the room. I jumped when someone knocked on the window. I looked over and there was Ben. I rolled down the window.

"Look we don't have a lot of time. We both have things to do tomorrow," he said with attitude. He pulled out another wad of money and handed me my money. I counted and sure enough it was three thousand and five hundred dollars. "Can we go upstairs now?" he opened my door and I turned off my car and followed him into the hotel. I had been smart enough to bring a change of clothes this time. We went directly to his room.

I closed the door behind me and he walked further into the room. I watched him take off the hoodie he had worn down to the parking lot. I stood stock still at the door. I didn't know how to proceed. I mean do I kiss him. Do I strip him or what am I supposed to do now? He turned and looked at me realizing that I wasn't moving.

"Come here," he said motioning to me. I took a few timid steps forward and he took two large steps to close the distance between the two of us. He wrapped his arms around me and crushed our bodies together. I was bathed in his scent again and I realized that I had actually missed it. He didn't kiss me even though I wanted him to. I desperately wanted him to kiss me, but instead he started kissing down my neck. I gasp unable to control my reaction. I bought my hands up to run my fingers through his hair like I had in my dream, but he grabbed both my wrist and held them behind my back so I couldn't move and continued kissing down my neck. This was going to be the easiest three grand I've ever made.

Chapter 14

"I have to go," I said.

"I paid for the whole night so go to sleep," Ben said I wanted to get away from him. I was embarrassed by the way I acted with him. I mean the way he touched me I can't explain. It drove me insane, the way I screamed his name only moments earlier. I'm sure we woke the people in the next room. I needed to get away from him because I didn't want to get attached to him. I'd only ever been with two men. Only one of them was willingly and it took me forever to get up the nerve to give myself to the other. Since as far as he was concerned this was just a business arrangement it was important that I keep myself detached and sleeping in his arms felt too right. That much I remember from last night.

I did as I was told though and laid back next to him in bed. He immediately pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head on his chest. I was tempted to trace his tattoos with my finger.

"What's that tattoo?" I asked. I didn't recognize it as anything other than a bat.

"It's called a tribal heart," he answered.

"Oh I like it," before I could stop myself my fingers traced it.

"So do I now stop talking and go to sleep," So now I was four thousand five hundred dollars closer to owning my house. I tried to close my eyes and go to sleep, but I kept thinking about how I was going to lose my house. I loved that house and we had put so much into the repairs and upkeep. "Why aren't you asleep?" he asked. I could have been mistaken, but I think I heard real concern in his voice.

"Too many things to worry about," I said.

"Well can you at least pretend to be sleep?" he asked. "I can't sleep if the people around me are awake." I rolled my eyes and closed them. Finally I fell asleep around the same time his breathing slowed down.