Seven Ways To Sunday (5152535455)

Chapter 51

I hugged Tamsen at the airport drop off lane. I could tell she wanted to cry, I mean even after I had moved out after high school we still saw each other every day until she graduated and moved in with me.

"Do you think I'm doing the right thing?" she looked me dead in the eye.

"You're finally doing something because it's what is best for you. I know how this thing with Ben started and I see the possible outcomes, but there's something in your eyes these past few days that scares me. The only time it's not there is when you are with him," I already knew what that look in my eye was. It was the craving that I had long ago beaten comeback for a rematch, a rematch that at this point in time I would lose. The only reason it wasn't there when I was with Ben was because...I don't know why. "You need to go with him, at least for now. Don't worry about what happens to me, Ram's going to take good care of me and if he doesn't I'll take care of myself," I hugged her again. This time I didn't want to let go. She was my little sister, the one person in this world who has never wanted anything from me, but who I would give everything. I hugged Ram and he lifted me off the ground.

"I know that look Eve," he whispered in my ear. "Don't do anything...rash," I looked at him. This was all getting a bit too dramatic for me. I mean I would see them again. I don't know when but I would without a doubt see them again and I'll be better. Ben's going to make everything better, he promised.

"I wouldn't dream of it," I whispered in his ear.

"Don't go," I heard a familiar voice say. "Eve please don't go," I turned to see Bryce standing behind me looking like he was losing his best friend and he was. "Eve do you remember what I said to you before we made love?" I closed my eyes replaying the words in my mind. "You said you would be with me, that you wouldn't regret It," before I knew what was happening he had me in his arms. "I love you so much, please don't go," I wrapped my arms around him. Before Ben he was the one that kept me sane. Once I let him go everything went to hell. Only he couldn't coexist with Ben and I couldn't let Ben go.

"Bryce, tell your mother I said I love her and that she should send me that lasagna recipe," I ran my fingers through his hair. "And don't cut your hair while I'm gone," he held me a little tighter. "I forgive you," I whispered so only he could hear. When I pulled away, there were tears streaming down both of our faces.

"This isn't over Eve Lynn Woods. You aren't getting rid of me that easily," I looked at him on last time as Ben pulled me toward the gate. I knew that he was telling the truth he wasn't giving up on me on us at least not yet. This wasn't over by a long shot.

Chapter 52

I guess there wasn't anything either of us could say as we settled into our first class seats on the plane. I was leaving behind any and everything that was familiar to me. I was leaving my makeshift family. I'd never really traveled anywhere that I couldn't drive to from Maryland. That's right no trip for Disney land for me. When we were kids we couldn't afford it and as we got older, we got busy so travel wasn't in the schedule. Ben handed me a pair of head phones and I put them on. He pushed a few buttons on his iPod and a song I recognized started to play. It started out and I immediately started singing along in a quiet voice, closing my eyes and forgetting my surrounding.

After the song ended I heard clapping and opened my eyes. The people sitting in front of us had turned in their seats and were staring at me. I looked over a Ben, he was looking at me in awe. The person on the end seat on the other side of me also was staring at me. I hadn't realized that people could hear me. I know I couldn't hear my voice. Then I remembered that I had in the ear phones. I took them off. That song applied so well to me it's not funny. Each line applied to my life one way or another.