A blast from the past

"Wait what, you're the girl that beat Jake !?"
"Yeah, I remember him now, I always thought he looked oddly familiar"
"What are you gonna do? Jake seemed really mad at you well the old you"
"I know I know, ugh what can I do?" We sat in silence for a little longer before we realized the guys are going to start think we ditched them, so instead we arranged to go to my house after school and think of a plan.

When we entered the cafeteria again we saw that Jake was gone, thinking nothing of it we sat down and went into small talk with the Alex and Nick, we were now on discussing favorite bands "so Nick, who are your top 2 bands?" A small smirk pulled at his lips "oh princess, nothing you'll like, you're too quiet" I raised an eyebrow, offended that he thought he knew everything about me "oh really? Try me"
"As you wish princess, even better than just saying the band, I'll play you one of my favorite songs" he pulled out his phone and started to scroll through his music before selecting the song, the familiar intro to 'Mama' by My chemical romance started to play. Jess and I turned to each other with smirks of our own, then turned to the boys and started to sing.

Mama we all go to hell, mama we all go to hell
I'm writing this letter and wishing you well
Mama we all go to hell -

Jess and I both snapped our heads back to look at Nick who had rudely cut off our song, Nick and Alex were both staring at us with wide eyes. I turned to Jess and we both burst out laughing "oh so what were you saying earlier Nick?" Said Jess with obvious humor in her voice, "I um, I, how do you know that?"
"Really Nick? Just cause we are girls and are quiet doesn't mean you have us all figured out, cause sweety you don't know the first thing about us" I smirked when I saw his face, he was obviously shocked at our knowledge of songs "ok, well I owe you two an apology. I'm sorry"
"Damn I'm liking you girls more by the minute, not only do you like rock, but you got this idiot to apologize, that's like the first time I've ever heard him say sorry, like ever" I grinned when he was finished, but it soon turned to an evil smirk, looking at Jess I saw she had the same look she was obviously thinking the same thing as me "did I just hear what I think I heard Jess?"
"Yes Ash I believe you did"
"Alex admitted he likes us" we said it in unison then looked over at Alex who's cheeks had gone significantly redder, while Nick was just laughing at Alex "I meant as friends, you two are twisting my words. And don't speak together like that it's creepy"
"Like what?" We spoke together again
"Like that!"
"Why, does it scare you?" We were still speaking together, it was so fun messing with Alex.
"Please yes it's terrifying, can we talk about something else?"
Jess, Nick and I burst out laughing again, causing Alex's ears to go red.
"You guys suck" he exclaimed with a frustrated grunt, leaning further back into his chair and crossing his arms over his chest.

After laughing for a little while longer we finally settled down, "so where'd Jake disappear to?" I ask with genuine curiosity as to where he could have gone to "after talking about boxing he decided he wanted to try and get back into it, so he's gone to find his old coach and start training again, he seemed really bothered by the fact that a girl beat him" I rolled my eyes at this comment "what is it with you boys, always thinking you're superior to girls" this time he rolled his eyes "not to all girls, just there are some that we can see we'd be able to beat in fights and some that would be knocked out within a minute, you princess would fall into the latter. Even though, I must admit, your music taste is amazing, I can't see you being able to defend yourself"

I stood up in a huff, glaring at Nick, my worst thing is being subjected to stereotyping. I hate it. "Oh really? I wouldn't be to sure about that, like I said, you don't know the first thing about me!"
"Come on princess, do you honestly think you'd be able to beat any of us in a fight?" I smirked "oh I don't think I would, I know I would"
"And how are you so sure about that?" I gave another smirk but it had a bit more of an evil grin in it "simple, you are all easy to read, you make your weaknesses obvious." Nick looked back at Alex who just shrugged "oh well if you're so confident then let's do it" he stared me down with a smirk of his own, obviously thinking I'd chicken out at his threat "all in due time Nick, all in due time"

His smirked dropped into a look of utter disbelieve "no, there's no way I'm fighting you princess, I don't want to hurt you" I glared at him once again "God you're unbelievable, I can take care of myself!"
Jess, knowing my background, jumped in before I could do any damage "ok Ash, calm down, he's to scared to dent his pride by having a girl kick his ass, just leave it. Let's go" she dragged me from the cafeteria, I did not break eye contact with Nick while I glared at him until the door to the cafeteria closed, blocking my view.

I pulled my arm out of Jess's grip and stormed off to my locker, grabbing my earphones and drawing book I made my way outside to a table and began to draw while listening to some 'Green day' to calm me down.

Drawing always calmed me down, it was something I was very good at. I used to go to the gym and box to let off steam, but I haven't been boxing since I left my parents but I might just start again, to keep up my fitness and also let out my anger. I'd rather let my anger out on the punching bag rather than a certain bad boys face who seems to know exactly what buttons to push to send me over the edge.

When the bell rang signaling the end of lunch I headed back inside and got my books for the rest of the day.

******* end of school *******
When school finished I dropped Jess at her house to pack an overnight bag, she was going to spend the night at my house so we could plan how to deal with Jake. She would drive herself over in and hour or so, this gave me enough time to go home and have a shower before jumping into my material shorts and baggy shirt.

When Jess arrived we decided we'd plan later on and rather watch a movie now, after watching Divergent we went up to my room. "Jess?"
"Yeah?"
"How do you feel about going to the gym and boxing? I can teach you and besides I want to start training again, it's always good to know self defense" she was silent for a moment, thinking about my proposition "ok sure, let's get dressed and head out" I smiled at her. I could tell she wasn't all that excited about the prospect of having to go work out but she still agreed because she knew I needed it. The world is just a better place with your best friend beside you.

We got changed into work out clothes, Jess wearing grey 3/4 yoga pants with a black sports bra and a loose pink tank top, I was wearing black material shorts and a blue sports bra with a blue crop top.

We got to the gym and started training, I gave Jess a few small workouts to do along with two ways of punching to perfect, while I went straight into my hardcore training and punching the punching bag with a great amount of force and rage. We both had our ear phones in and were listening to our favorite songs, I had put on my workout playlist that had mainly rock with an occasional pop song every here and there.

I took a few breaks to go over and help Jess perfect her technique. After an hour of hard work we decided to call it a day. We were heading for the door and were almost out when I heard a voice call my name, a voice I hadn't heard since I left my parents, a voice I was hoping I wouldn't hear for a very long time. The main reason I had left.

I slowly turned around, hoping that I was wrong, but as I started into those blue eyes that were so devoid of emotion they looked almost like ice, my worst fear came true.

"Hello Nicholas, long time no see"

**********************************************************
Hey guys
How you liking it so far?
And who is this Nicholas?
This chapter is dedicated to my own best friend who is always there for me, even though she strongly dislikes reading, she is reading this and supporting me. I am so lucky to have friends like her. Love yooooooooooouuuuuuu  katboucher2001

Please vote and comment ❤️