Three ◈ Here We Go

"Happy birthday!"

Sophie skipped into Allison's bedroom with her present in hand. She was kind of annoyed at the fact Kate had given her a pendent considering Sophie had bought her a necklace originally. It was a pain in the ass getting Kate to convince Chris that Sophie was sensible enough to go and buy Allison a new present without an escort.

Both of the teenagers wrapped each other into a hug. With furrowed eyebrows Sophie pulled away when she heard Allison sigh solemnly. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." She lied. "Just I really hate my birthday when I have school."

Sophie furrowed her eyebrows, "Why?"

"Because I'm seventeen. People always ask me stupid questions like was I pregnant."

Sophie rolled her eyes, "That's stupid but I totally understand. Due to... reasons I had to take a year off of school too. I'm nearly seventeen already. So if anybody says something like that, promise you'll tell me."

"Promise."

"Okay," Sophie clapped. "Now open your present."

Since it was such a large present Allison had to sit on her bed while she opened it. Sophie watched with a hopeful smile as she teared through the starred wrapping paper. It was the only wrapping paper she could find with only a few days notice. But she didn't have to fret since Allison loved both the wrapping paper and the presents.

The first one she spotted was the reason the present was so large. Sophie had bought a large wooden 'A' plaque for Allison's wall. It looked a bit boring considering it was plain white so Sophie decided to paint it to match Allison's bedroom colour scheme. Since one of Sophie's, what she'd say, few talents was painting the 'A' plaque looked very pretty in the end.

Allison then noticed that Sophie had strung a bracelet on top of the 'A'. The bracelet was simply a slim silver chain with an infinite sign on it. Despite the presents simplicity Allison exclaimed that she loved it and once again wrapped Sophie into another hug. A slight laugh escaped Sophie when Allison scolded her on spending too much.

"I know, I know." Sophie admitted when they pulled away. "But up until now I've only ever had to buy birthday presents for ... my foster carer. Even then it was only a pair of slippers. So now I have you guys I want to treat you like family."

In all honesty calling her dad her foster parent actually felt natural. Her dad may not have left Sophie physically like her mother but most of the time it was like he wasn't there mentally. Sophie wasn't kidding when she told people that she used to be all alone. She really was. Nobody could blame her for wanting to treat the people who have treated her like family.

"You are family, Soph." Allison said, testing out the nickname for the first time. "Do you mind me calling you that?"

"No. No, I love it, Alli."

Allison smirked, "I love that too."

Sophie decided to leave Allison to finish getting ready while she picked up some breakfast. It wasn't anything much since the Argent's were rushing around the house in preparation for Allison's birthday present opening. So Sophie stuck with a oatmeal breakfast bar before Allison drove her to school.

The two girls went their separate ways for their lockers. Sophie struggled to open it for a second since her lock was entirely too sticky. Whoever last owned her locker must've had a serious gum addiction. Finally after getting it open she grabbed her chemistry books before heading to that lesson and taking the first spare seat she saw.

"Is this seat taken?"

Sophie looked up to see Stiles was towering over her. It didn't dawn on her until that moment how much taller he was then her. Though it didn't take much, Sophie was quite tiny for her age. But, just like with all smaller people, she was pretty feisty. Especially when it came to her height.