~18~ Part of The Act

"Ladies and Lads~! Welcome! To the Noah's Arch Circus! Today we will bring you the many joys only a circus could bring to ye' all! I be 'yer ring leader, Joker!" The orange haired man said with a bow, only to stand up straight and smile. The audience roared with applause as circus music played.

"Today we be presenting our best of actors~" He pointed to the giant man, "Meet Jumbo! The biggest man that be alive! One with a hot temper."

Jumbo stared straight faced into the crowd before putting a liquid in his mouth, bringing a torch to his face, and blowing the liquid at the torch, making the fire burst into a big ball of fire. Joker then pointed to a rather busty, yet beautiful woman that stood by a large tiger with a whip in hand.

"Our lovely and fierce feline lady, Beast and her tiger, Betty~!" Joker announced as Betty roared and Beast cracked her whip in the air.

​​​​​​​You and Sebastian's eyes both sparkled at the sight of such a beautiful feline. Much like Sebastian, you simply adored felines of all kinds. The way they elegantly and stealthily walk. The way they roll in dirt, but manage to keep their fur soft and silky. The soft touch of their paws. Everything.

"The gravity defyin' beauty, Doll~!" He pointed his finger up, in which the crowd's attention was turned to a beautiful girl in all white walking elegantly across a tight rope.

As you watched Joker introduce the rest of cast, your eyes scanned the area as Ciel kept his face hidden behind a newspaper.

"How exactly are we supposed to find any clues if we're so far away from everything..." Ciel muttered to you and Sebastian.

"Right...we need a closer observation." Sebastian smiled a little. As he said this, Joker's voice broke your attention.

"We will now pick a brave volunteer to help us with this next trick. Anyone~?" Joker scanned the crowd.

Suddenly, Sebastian grabbed your arm and stood up, which made you jump in surprise. Suddenly you were both pointed out and instructed to come down, which Sebastian happily obliged to.

Once you got down into the ring, you stopped by Joker, but noticed Sebastian walk past the two of you and kneel down in front of Betty.

"Such a beauty. To be held in captivity as a show toy. I pity you. You have such marvelous golden eyes. Such killer type claws. The padding of you paws are exquisite as well. Perfect from nose to tail as expected~" Sebastian beamed a blissful smile as he gazed at the tiger.

Then suddenly, after a pause, Betty bit down onto Sebastian's head, making everyone, including yourself, gasp with shock and fright.

"Oi! Betty! Bad girl!" Beast raised her whip and brought it down, only for Sebastian's arm to wrap it and catch it.

"It'd be a shame to see such a creature being stuck down for a little bit of play." He smiled a little coldly.

"That was playing!?!" Basically everyone thought to themselves as they looked at Sebastian in disbelief.

Ciel just watched in pure shock, unable to believe the sight his butler had just laid out before him, pinching the bridge of his nose in embarrassment.

Afterwards, once the show was over, you, Sebastian, and Ciel exited the tent when you all heard someone call after you.

"Oi! You there! The mate who got near that there Betty!" It was Joker, waving you down as he, accompanied by Beast and Dagger, stopped by you. "That was some crazy stuff it was. What were ye' thinkin', gettin' all close to an animal like Betty?"

"Are you alright? You really should see the doctor..." Dagger chimed in.

"Don't trouble yourselves, I'm fine. Not a scratch or wound to be seen." Sebastian smiled, though everyone else just kind looked at him in disbelief.

"Still. It wouldn't hurt ye' to get a wee check up, just ta be safe." Joker smiled as he took Sebastian's arm.

"Very well. I guess it can't be helped." Sebastian sighed with a helpless smile as you, Ciel, and the other 2 followed behind.

--time skip brought to you by my lazy arse-

"Oi! You dare lay a hand on me lady's fare skin?!" Dagger fumed as flames basically rose from him.

You looked at them with concern as Ciel watched as though he was bored and would rather be doing something else.

"Well, technically, I didn't touch her skin. Just the Ivory her prosthetic leg is made of." Sebastian smiled innocently.

"You bastard--!" Dagger growled as he threw daggers at Sebastian, making him super jump onto a pole with a great amount of balance, which seemed to only aggravate Dagger further as he threw a hand full of daggers, only for Sebastian to catch them all with great speed, not losing his balance even once.

Joker whistled at the scene as Sebastian jumped down.

"Oi, with that talent, ye' would make a good crew member here at the circus." Joker beamed.

"Oh please, me an actor? You flatter me. You see, i'm simply one hell of a butler." He smirked.

"Ah~ I know, how about you, the wee lad, and the cutie little girl join us here in the circus? 'Course, the other two would have ta go threw a few tests, but i'm sure they'd pass." Joker smiled as Dagger and Beast looked at him in disbelief.

"No wa-"

"We'd be delighted." Sebastian interrupted Ciel, who glared at him in response.

"Great! We start at dawn. I'll take ye' to your tents then." Joker turned and exited as the three of you followed with a bit of distance behind him.

"Sebastian, what the hell is the meaning of this?" Ciel asked rather angrily.

"Are we really gonna be part of the circus~!?" You beamed, completely ignoring Ciel's anger.

"Of course. What better way to get close to the suspects than by joining them, my lord? You did say you wanted to get closer for more information, so I took the liberty of getting us that chance." Sebastian smiled innocently as Ciel grumbled in defeat.

---Another time skip cause yay---

You all eventually got to your tents. Ciel and some brown haired freckled boy got paired and Sebastian got placed in a room with some man who was rather serious, and Sebastian obviously didn't like him, or vice-versa.

"Ye' will be placed in the same tent as Black and Suit." Joker smiled.

"H-Hey..! I was wondering what my stage name might be?" You looked to Joker excitedly as he thought for a moment.

"Aha! Your name will be Beauty." He beamed.

You blushed slightly at the name, though you did think it rather did fit you. You nodded and waved as Joker walked off, then entered the tent.

You were all officially part of the show...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N] WELL-- Since I just updated a lot in one day, it might be a little while before the next chapter is released. ^^; Sorry~