Acquaintance

A/N: Am feeling bad for the long waits so DOUBLE UPDATE!!! :)

It was still.

The entire area was still.

All animals had retreated for the winter and those that hadn't already were now hidden from the large gathering of predators in their homes.

As usual the battle ground had been scoped out, though this time Andy didn't have Jasper by her side she had made do with Peter and Garrett and their knowledge.

A light dusting of fresh snow coated the clearing which was open enough that no one could hide in the forest. They wanted everyone to remain in sight of each other so they wouldn't have any distractions if it did come to a fight.

Andy wasn't optimistic. She knew from her memories of the stories Aegeus told that Aro was a power hungry man and that he would do anything to obtain that power. She knew that Chelsea would be his main weapon here, but she also knew that Chelsea would not be able to bind loyalties because of Bella's power. She also knew that Chelsea would not be able to break a mate bond, and a familial bond as strong as the ones the people around her had. There were always limitations to their powers.

Her enhanced hearing picked up the slight crunching of boots in the snow.

It was time.

The Greek coven stood together behind the Cullen's, each dressed in dark blue, white and black. Clothing reminiscent of their predecessors that clashed with their bright red eyes. Their crests hung around their necks heavy with burdens of the past, burdens each of them now understood.

Andromeda stood at the head of her coven dressed in a royal blue double breasted coat over black leather pants and ankle boots. Her hair was pulled up and braided off her face to show dark eye make-up enhancing her crimson gaze. Her hands were buried deep in her pockets seemingly well relaxed among the anxious vampires around her. She smiled as she could feel her mate drawing near and everyone held their breath's as the entire guard and their witnesses stepped out into the snow covered clearing.

"Andy," Bree whispered in slight fear and the elder vampire gave her a reassuring smile.

"Aro's looking for Alice." Edward whispered.

"We'll be fine." She told her trying to keep her growl under wraps as howls sang around her, the wolves falling into rank beside them. She hissed quietly as one of them got too close and turned to face the masters.

As Demetri stepped out onto the field the only thing he saw was his mate. She stood proudly at the head of her newborns dressed in the Greek colours her coven crest proudly on display. He felt the silver chain he wore tucked into his shirt gain weight as he watched them. Had he remained in Greece after he had turned he would have met her a thousand years ago. So many years had been lost between the two immortals, and now with the Cult threatening her their time was uncertain.

Aro was the first to remove his hood first and was followed swiftly by his brother's and the guard.

Andy couldn't help locking eyes with her mate and she gave him a small smile. He returned it but his jaw was tense his eyes flicking to his master and then back to her again.

"Aro, let us discuss this as we used to, in a civilised manner." The Olympic Coven patriarch stepped forward from the group.

"Fair words Carlisle, but a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us."