Energy

"I can't find it." She muttered to herself in annoyance.

Andy searched her person for the coin. It wasn't around her wrist like it used to be. She tried to think back to when she last had it. Paris. Her gut told her she must've dropped it in Paris. She prayed she'd find it one day because now she knew the true significance of the coin. Her mother, her human mother that Mathias had loved, had given it to her. It was all she had left of her mother.

*****

Bree knew where she was going. She remembered the familiar path she took on the way to kill Bella, this time would be much different. Her fingers laced through Diego's, their hands swinging between them as they headed for the coven.

Fred hung back a little still weary of those he did not trust, which was everyone except Bree, Diego and Andy.

They walked at a human pace towards the sweet smell of other vampires as not to arise suspicion of an attack. They kept their guard up though their posture was straight and non-threatening.

"Someone's coming." Diego murmured pulling Bree behind him protectively, he had a rather annoying habit of doing that.

"Have we met before?" The voice was deep as a large male vampire stepped into view, his black hair cropped very short as he looked at the three newborns. Bree recognised him as one of the Cullen's, though thankfully he was not the scary blonde one with the scars.

"Andy sent us." Diego spoke up as Bree tried to peek over his shoulder.

"Oh, you must be the kiddies. I'm Emmett." He commented with a smirk spotting Bree's golden eyes peeking around at him. "Hello again little one, I'm surprised she actually kept you alive."

"Andy's nice," Bree pulled out from behind her mate.

"Nice?" Emmett raised a brow, "since when?" Bree smiled and chuckled. "Come on, let's introduce you all to everyone."

The trio silently followed the male's footsteps and headed a beautiful glass house. It was stunning and reminded Bree of the home she had in Canada. The house held the same warmth and openness, they didn't have to hide their true nature here.

"Welcome to mi casa," Emmett said with a grin his arms wide as he ushered them in the door.

"Who's this?" A female spoke up as they entered the room. Bree recognised it as the clearer voice of the human that she was supposed to kill. The one that pushed Andy to save her.

"It's the newborns Victoria created. The ones that survived." Edward spoke to his wife as they looked towards the newcomers in shock. "Andy took them in." Bella released a sigh of relief at that. If Andy trusted them, she would too.

The first was a well-built male that stood a little over six feet. He had wavy black hair and pasty olive skin. His eyes, interestingly enough, held an orange tinge. It was as though he was surviving off both diets. The newborn wore a blue Henley that moulded to his form with dark navy jeans and a matching blazer. His lips were set in a thin line as he eyed the room searching for any threats as he held a small female form behind him.

The female she recognised as Bree her usual brown curly hair falling past her shoulders. The girl Andy had saved. She wore dark denim skinny jeans, a white tank with tan ankle boots and an open blue plaid shirt. In her hands she held a navy jacket with a fur lined hood. Her eyes were golden and shined brightly as she tried to get around the male holding her back from seeing more.

The last was a tall, lanky male with wind-blown blonde hair and deep wine red eyes. His posture was stiff and he looked uncomfortable being around others. His clothing choice was coordinated with the other two. He wore the same dark blue as their pants but as a waistcoat over a lighter blue shirt that was buttoned to the top and tan slacks.