"Rayner, he told me he had some unshared secrets of what happened while he disappeared. This is heavy but I can't turn my back on him surely you understand why. He needs help even if he is just using me." Rayner shut his eyes tightly taking deep breaths trying to calm himself down. "I went a little crazy after too, I still can't sign my name without having an episode." I told him defending Jackson despite my reservations against him at the moment. He nodded his head not saying anything probably trying to hold his tongue from saying anything he'd regret.

"I don't think I could forgive myself if he hurt you even if it was accidentally Tori. I already can't sleep at night knowing what happened to you while you were in my care. If I can prevent something bad from happening to you I will. " I sighed heavily and leaned my head against his shoulder. I had no idea that he was that worried about Jackson living there.

"Jackson isn't going to hurt me and you did everything you could at the time." I reassured him even though it would never help him to feel better. "Now I need to get to work. We can discuss this later." He kissed my temple and grabbed his keys from the hook.

The car ride was quiet with just the gentle blow of the heater. I sensed Rayner's uneasiness the second we pulled into the parking lot. Memories of the altercation clouded my vision and I hadn't realized he stopped the car.

"Thank you." I gathered my things and reached for the door handle. "I love you." He leaned in and kissed me sensually with that same intenseness he'd had this entire time. As if I were going to disappear before his eyes.

"Are you sure I shouldn't pick you up?" His eyes were coated with worry I nodded and stroked his prickly cheek. "I love you. Call me if you need me." He said as if I needed the confirmation. I nodded giving him one last kiss and escaped inside the building.

Jackson was already hard at work in the kitchen today. I was put on waitressing duty my least favorite thing to do. I wasn't an incredibly social person and this job forced me out of my bubble. Not to mention I hated seeing people my family use to be close with. It was awkward and no one knew how to properly interact with me afraid of insulting me. Luckily this was a short shift of 4 hours.

I'd made decent money in tips once we'd shut the place down. After giving the bus boys a share I waited in the front lobby for Jackson. He revealed himself after about ten minutes of me waiting on him looking beat. He was only wearing a short sleeve polo and his standard black slacks. I handed him the jacket he'd loaned me and he gladly relaxed into it.

"You look tired." He nodded sighing heavily handing me the keys to my car indicating I should drive. He'd just worked a long shift but this was beyond exhaustion.

"Will you drive please?" I nodded feeling slightly concerned for my friend. "I didn't sleep well I think your nightmares are contagious." He teased leading us out of the building and to my car. "This was also a very long day. It was really busy." The holiday times were always the busiest time of year. Once we exited the building he stuffed his hands in his pockets and I folded my hands under my arms for warmth.

"Yea I was here for four hours and never want to take another order again." I chuckled unlocking my car as we got closer. We hurried inside and I let the car heat up a bit so I could feel my fingers again.

The things Rayner had told me were still prevalent in my mind and I had so much curiosity I couldn't quench. I glanced at Jackson slyly but he caught my staring.