One.

Today is the day all of them roam around the town and take an innocent soul for their own. Each one of them is hard by heart but somewhat tolerable , except one.  He does not have a heart to start with , he is himself a mystery , he is Untouchable.

He is untouchable as they say because no one wants him, he is untouchable because his mere glance can have you shaking, he is untouchable because everyone wants to run as far away from him as possible, he is untouchable because he is fire that not only engulfs you but burns you from inside . He is Hades.

He has secrets of his own that no one knows. He is feared by everyone . Not seen by many people because he never leaves his palace , nor he attends any events.

And this is the first time he is coming and is rumoured to be choosing a tainted soul like his. For choosing a girl who has to spend her entire life with him.

King Uber Artino with his only wife Queen Calista Artino have inherited our town from their ancestors and their clan is ruling Pandora, our town since the existance of this small place.
Though the king and the queen aren't ruthless or torturing but they aren't best of the rulers a kingdom should have either.

The king and the queen have four successors - Prince Hades the eldest among them , Prince Zeus and Prince Damon the middle twins and Prince Chole the youngest .

All of them are heartbreakers as they say. They do whatever they want and get whatever they want. Especially women.

Not that these Princes are ugly or anything , instead they are ridiculously handsome and charming. All women fall on their feet although they know what they are getting themselves into but still their charms work like magic on most of the women of our town. I haven't yet , thankfully had any encounter with anyone one of them personally but I know I won't be like other women.

And so today is the unlucky day, the day of choosing. Today is the day when each of the Prince would choose a girl for them, who they will keep with themselves for a year and if you are capable enough to entice them or make them fall in love with you then they will marry you or else you will be sent back.

All the girls between the age of and above 16 and below 22 are supposed to be compulsoryly presented before the Princes at the town square. And I am 19 years old, so I have to unfortunately.

I couldn't bear the thought of being chosen by any of them, let alone Hades. Because for Hades this would be the first and the last choosing , the girl to go with him , will have to spend her entire life with him whether she likes it or not.

"Let's run away !" I say frustrated as I try to put my brown hair in a neat bun.

"You know that's impossible." My best friend Michaela said.

Michaela and me are best friends since childhood. We went to that pathetic school of ours together and spent almost out entire time with each other .
But now since my luck is in the hands of my fate, I don't know if we would be able meet each other or what will happen next , if I get chosen. What if I actually get chosen ? I have to leave my home, my mom and my little brother Alix !  And what if  Michaela gets chosen ?!

Ever since my father died in the war with enemy troops , I had the responsibility of my family . I protected my family in every way possible. And now, if I actually got chosen , what will happen to them ?!

Suddenly my world started spinning and I leaned on the near by table for support .

"Are you okay?" Michaela's concerned voice reached my ears as she rushed by my side and gripped my shoulder.

"No !" I said truthfully not wanting to hide anymore. Because that's just it 'I am not fine!' Nothing happening in this town is fine. Why do we have to be puppets to the higher authority. We are also humans , why can't we do what we want ?!

I steadied myself , because I am not going to lose just yet. Whether I am chosen or not I would never do what they want me to do . Become a pawn to their sick game , I would never fall in love with their kind.

As I finally dressed myself in a baby blue dress and managed to tie my hair properly , I glanced at everything kept in my room one last time before I made my way outside.

My little brother ,my mom with Michaela and her family of one elder brother, her dad and her mom were already waiting outside for me. Everyone hugged both of us one last time and we consoled them , telling them it would be fine. And we would be alright , though I wasn't sure myself.

The whole town was gathered at the town square and all the girls of the required age group were dressed up beautifully . Most of them actually wanted to get chosen. Forming those bookish fantasies in their heads , even though they should know no such thing is going to happen. They will choose , use and throw.

So, here I was dreading the moment standing silently as the king and the queen made their speeches and started the event. Then one by one Prince started appearing. Royally dressed with charming smiles that had a lot of girls swooning but my eyes were on one , Hades . He looked so striking in his royal blue attire , with his crown.

All of them were handsome , but he was alluring . A lot of gasps escaped as he lifted his face and glanced at the crowd for just a second or two. His eyes a perfect shade of mysterious grey and his face flawless.

I tore my eyes away from him as the event proceeded.
After that, the eldest girl to the youngest , every girl had to go on the stage , walk on ramp , flaunt ourselves and leave it to the Princes to decide who they want.
And so the ramp walk begun , one by one each girl started walking , many were confident  , few of them over did themselves by showering flying kisses.

All sorts of comments were passed and that angered me a lot ,when my turn came I just stood near the stairs not wanting to put myself on show. I balled my fists at my sides ,my eyes found and locked with Hades who raised his eyebrows questioningly at me and I  turned around . I could hear the gasps and whispers from the crowd . But I ignored them and tried to calm myself down.

"That was an act due punishable ! "A town guard came to me .

"I don't care !" I said ." Take me , if you want at least I wouldn't have to be there !" I snapped at him .

"If that's what you want ." He glared at me and gripped my hands tightly , I yelped in pain but he ignored me and dragged me towards his officials backstage.

But before he could say or do anything , a very cold voice rang out .

"Stop there !" Hades said , his face expressionless .

He was just a step or two away from me when I lifted my face and looked at him. He looked more handsome up closer. His grey eyes hiding a thousand words staring at me .

Immediately the town guard let go of my hands and stepped back.

"Come !" Hades said and offered his hand to me. I frowned as I looked at him , then his out stretched hand .

I shook my head. As I tried to walk past him.

Wow, I should be honored with a bravery award.

But his hand clasped my wrist and pulled me to him before I could escape. My breath caught in my throat due to our closeness. I closed my eyes , and tried to calm myself down.

"I choose you !" He whispered in my ear and my eyes snapped open .

What ?!

"No, you .. I - can't !" I snapped and tried to push him away.

"Why not ?" He asked tightening his grip around my wrist  .

"Because you are Hades !" I yelled still not able to process what is happening.

"And from now on you are mine , Anastasia. " He said letting go of me and walking away.

I just frowned at his back. Earth slipping from underneath my feet.

Why did he choose me ? And ....

How the does he know my name ?!