Two.

Days have past by since I was chosen and bought here to the dark palace.

I don't even remember what happened after the announcements were made about the chosen girls.
I wasn't in a my right senses when my family came to see me off. I was speechless and scared, to realize that Alix was crying and so was mom. And I was feeling so helpless and worthless because I was not able to do anything .  Just stare , stare and stare .

I remember that day Michaela tried to console me but she knew what was hitting me . And now I was sitting silently in the dark room of the dark palace which belonged to Ryker. We arrived at midnight and I was showed to my room by one of the guards. I didn't question anyone anything just listened what I was told about not roaming around without permission and other things. I don't know where Ryker went or what I was suppose to do. So I just sat on the bed , tears welled up inside me .
Sleep was out of my system because I was scared to death. That night was so traumatizing for me.

Even after so many days I can't wrap my head around the unfortunate events that have taken place. I have not talked to Ryker since that day but from the corners, from the distance I observe him everyday. He is not what people think he is that I can tell. He is so beautiful, the dominating yet modest aura that surrounds him his so captivating and often I find myself thinking about him in ways I should not.

But why did Ryker choose me and how did he know my name ?

I know he is a royalty but I am just a mere commoner. How can he know my name?

Many other questions were arising in my head and there was no one to answer me.

Am really locked up in this dark room of this dark palace forever ?

I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair . There was a loud knock on the door that startled me and I jumped on my feet , totally conscious about the surroundings.

"Anastasia,  are you awake ? "Ryker's voice came from the other side and I gripped the hem of my shirt to steady myself.

Why is he here at this time of the night? What does he want and will I surrender because even though I despise him deep down I think I wont be able control myself around him at least for a long time.

"I am not going to hurt you, Anastasia. I am here to talk." He said as if he knows what I am thinking.

I slowly went up to the door and opened it. And there he was, Ryker standing there in all his glory. The light from the lamp on the wall, highlighting his beautiful features.

I stepped aside for him to enter and stood there when he stepped inside the room.

"Come here." He said calmly and I just shook my head at him.

"I am not here to hurt you Anastasia." He firmly said and stepped forward towards me. The intensity behind his gaze was so mesmerizing, I was out of words so I just kept looking at him like a dumb girl .

He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him ,my breath hitched and I could feel goosebumps rising on my skin due to our proximity.

"You are as beautiful as I remember, Anastasia . Even more than I thought." He said brushing the back of his palm against my cheek, making me blush oh so slightly.

I frowned at him, I don't remember meeting him before.
"We haven't met before." I said with an edge of irritation.

"Can I kiss you ?" He asked ignoring my question. And before I could process his question. His lips brushed against mine and then he kissed me, igniting a fire inside me. And I don't know why-how but I kissed him back. He tasted like wine sweet as well as intoxicating.

But before I could lose myself completely, I realized what actually I was doing. This should not happen . Anger bubbled inside me and I pushed him back.

"You shouldn't have done that !" I yelled as I stepped back until my back collided with the wall. "I hate you, you know that right ?!" I screamed.

My emotions are a bundle of mess when he around. One time I want to kiss him and at the same time I want to slap him.

He grimaced hearing my hurtful words, but I don't care because he deserves it.
"You know that you have to marry me right, Anastasia ? And you know that you are in no position to talk to me like that ?" He calmly said.

"I don't bloody care. And how the hell do you know my name. Or how do you remember me or whatever ? I don't remember meeting you before ." I said angrily.

"You won't believe me if I tell you ." He said truthfully.

"Just tell me . Because I am losing my mind here!"

"I have seen you before. In every age , every day. I know everything about you." He said.

"Where, how ?" I ask.

"In my dreams. Once.. once out of nowhere I started having dreams about you, dreams even I could figure out why I was having and then they never stopped.  I always thought you were an illusion made up by my mind to fill the loneliness inside my heart but when I saw you at the choosing today. I knew , I had to choose you. Because somehow in the dreams you made me fall in love with you, you filled the emptiness inside my heart. even when I was awake I was thinking about you because of those dreams." He said staring into oblivion, smiling to himself as if recalling some happy memory and then he looked at me his eyes searching my face for something.

"You are lying," I laughed bitterly.
What does he think of me ?! A fool or better yet is he a maniac ?"

"You have to believe me Anastasia. I know his sounds mental but it is the truth, you ... you have to believe me. You filled the void through my dreams and now that you are in front of me, I want you so badly. I can do anything for you Anastasia. I pro--"

"I am not a possession . You bought me here against my will Prince Ryker . And I don't want to disrespect you but you cannot force yourself in my life. You can't force me to love you back. You cannot just make up a story and have me surrender to you " I said cutting him off.

"You think I am a monster , but I am not . I can never hurt you. You have to know. You think I made everything up. But I am not lying to you Anastasia. " He said his eyes boring into mine, telling me that whatever he is saying it's true.

But I can't believe him just like that.

"Can you please leave me alone ?" I said a silent tear roll down my eye. That's a lot to take in one day.

"Take as much time you want Anastasia. " He said and stepped towards me . He bent down and wiped my tears with his thumb and left but not before placing a feather like kiss on my forehead.

Why is Ryker acting like this ?
Isn't he suppose to be evil ? The guy everyone feared ? Who is he ? Is he telling the truth. ? Can he have seen me before in dreams and then actually fall in love with the illusion ? Why does he say is he lonely ?

And by any chance those dreams are true then why only me, when he can have anyone he wants?

And why does Ryker have to kiss like that ?!

*******************

Vote & Comment.

Thanks.