Chapter Four- Chocolate Seduction

CHOCOLATE SEDUCTION

[4 years ago]

He’s like the sweet and sensual aroma taste of hot, melted chocolate. The kind that you savour in your mouth before it dribbles down your throat and the heat sends off a wonderful sensation in the pit of your stomach. Gazing over at him lovingly, we made our way into Café au Lait, a small cosy coffee house two shops away from The Candy Corner.

“Come on Candy, you can’t possible think that Drew Anderson is ‘date worthy’,” he mimicked in a feminine voice before I chuckled in response. Drew Anderson was Dustin’s male best friend, a worthy opponent on my behalf, except of course, he had nothing on me. He was also the guy who had girls pinning after him… when Dustin turned them down. The thing is… Dustin would always get jealous whenever Drew and I would talk, he was a little possessive like that and he was constantly paranoid about losing his two bestfriends to each other.

“Oh come on D, you know he’s totally my type. I would love to give that pretty ass some good ol’ spanking,” I replied in an equally mocking tone, placing unnecessary emphasis on certain words. I’d have to admit that Drew was a stunner, with his captivating electric blue eyes and well-defined jaw line, but my heart was set for one boy only so I didn’t think twice to reject him when he asked me out in the seventh grade.

“Speaking of Drew, where is he?” I asked, he was supposed to meet us at the Café but of course he was a no show. Dustin shrugged, not really minding that Drew didn’t show up. Well at least there will be more time for us, just us.

As we took a seat in the corner booth, after placing our orders, I studied Dustin’s expression –not like it was creepy at all- and took note of how his line of perception was directed towards a young girl who sat in the opposite corner drinking what seemed to be a mocha chiller. I didn’t know it at the present time, but this girl inevitably ruined my life and all my future plans with Dustin.

I didn’t understand why his attention was set solidly on this girl, she wasn’t even exceptionally beautiful, a plain Jane, a drab, a pass the tomato sauce. She was ordinary; she was your typical small town girl with brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. It had me wondering why Dustin was suddenly so engaged by her, and at that precise moment, I felt my heart sink in my chest. He was attracted to her and then all of a sudden I felt this impulsive wave of jealously wash over me.

“So, I heard that Macy Miller was going to ask you out next Tuesday, she wants to ride your lollipop,” I stated in disgust in a poor attempt to regain his attention, which, I’m pleased to say worked finely. Macy Miller was one of those girls, the one who lost her V-card at 14 and got drunk almost every other weekend just to prove how ‘cool’ she was. It was pathetic really.

“Gross. I’m so not going to school on Tuesday then.” His eyes briefly flickered over to the girl before she stood up and left, finally. There was an awkward silence that lingered over us as our orders were placed on the table. He wasn’t paying attention to me, of course his eyes were in contact with mine, but his mind was elsewhere, possibly on that girl.

“You know, you should’ve asked for her name,” It was possibly my encouragement that ultimately led to the destruction of our friendship.

“What are you talking about?” He asked, he knew who I was referring to though, it was hard not to dismiss the blush that was slowly creeping up on his cheeks.

“That girl, the one with the beanie, you should’ve asked for her name and possibly her number,” mumbling the last bit of the sentence. I wasn’t in the right state of mind, my heart ached for him and yet he hasn’t even spoken to this girl and I could sense that he was already infatuated.