3

Bryson

"I don't think there's anyone here" I opened the door for Leona.

She wanted to check out the club, and as much as I didn't want her around here, I brought her anyways.

"Aw shit, fuck it up now" I heard Kejuan yell.

"Maybe we should go" I mumbled so that only she could hear me.

"That's lil bruh?" He questioned. "I got you some food"

Or not.

Kejuan was seated in a chair, and some of the girls were just stretching.

"What are you doing?" I pushed my glasses up, before glancing at Leona who was looking around.

"Is Bryson treating you respectfully? He gets a little ahead of himself sometimes, the sly dog."

My face flushed red, and I gave him a hard glare.

"Kejuan"

"Nah, I'm just kidding. Bryson's the most well mannered guy that I know. Always treating everybody with respect, and he genuinely cares about people. He also told me to say that"

"I didn't tell him that" I spoke quietly before taking a seat at one of the tables.

"Let me stop messing with him, but if you hurt him, imma get the gang on you"

"Shut the fuck up, man, damn! Shit, we only been here two fuckin' minutes" I huffed.

I angrily pushed my glasses up on my face, and I could feel my face heating up.

"Aight, but just one more thing. You cute when you mad, babygirl"

Leona laughed, making me frown.

Of course he made her laugh.

"Forget it" I mumbled, hearing my voice crack.

"I was just playing wit'chu, Bryson. My bad, imma stop forreal"

I looked down at my sweater and picked at an imaginary thread.

"He didn't even do anything to you" Schay balled up a flyer, and threw it at the back of his head.

I bounced my leg up and down, and stared at a brick on the wall.

"Ain't y'all supposed to be practicing?" Kejuan questioned.

"We can't practice because you're being a douchebag, and it's distracting"

"Well then, what am I paying you for?"

"You pay us a portion of the money that we make" I'yana said.

"So go ahead and stop paying us and see what happens" Ty glared at him.

"Hey, I'm sorry for laughing" Leona touched my hand, but I removed my hand from underneath hers.

"Kay"

"You didn't want to come here in the first place, but I practically forced you. Don't let me walk all over you"

"I'll keep that in mind" I said and blinked slowly.

I was a passive person, and barely ever felt control over my life.

I noiticed the goosebumps on Leona's arm, and ended up taking my sweater off for her.

Even though I was cold too.

"I should probably get you home now" I looked at the floor, and pushed my falling glasses up.

I had to take Leona back every day, until I figured out how I was going to help her.

-