1

"Common tyler hurry!" I looked up at the tree house my eyes meeting were josh stood excitedly by the window, I reached the ladder and climbed.
I had just turned 12 , today was my birthday and josh told me to meet him here, josh was a year older than me so he was 13, we have been best friends since I was 5 and he was 6, we met in kindergarten.
-7 years ago 'flash back to kindergarten'-
I walked into class I held my moms soft peach like smell  left hand as we walked to my new class,"m-mommy, I'm i-I'm scared," she looked down at me with a soft warm smile as she crouched down In front of me right outside my class door, she grabbed my small 5 year old hands and looked into my brown inviting eyes,"I know tyler, I really do" she rubbed the back of my hands with her thumb,"h-how" I questioned giving her a confused and curious, " ok, well...." She looked down at my hands mine soon following to look at what was so interesting at my pale hands,"oh!,remember when I started my new job yesterday, and I was rushing around like a maniac" I giggled softly remembering yesterday when she did in fact looked like a maniac,"yea","and remember when I came back," she said looking back into my eyes, and I nodded,"yes you seemed so calm, and loose"," she nodded,"mhhmm and you now why?","why?", she grabbed my saft little cheeks with her fluffy palms and looked at me,"because I faced my fear tyler, I felt exactly like you did, but you know what, when I walked into my job I felt at home, and that what I need you to do my baby, I need you to face your fears and be a good boy for me," I smiled and looked at her gentle eyes,"I will mama I promise," she smiled and kissed my forehead," good now go kick some butt in there" I giggled and opened the door,"I love you mommy","I love you to tyler be good," I smiled and shut the door leaving her, I took my seat and the teacher helped situate my belonging to the places they needed to be, after I finished I found the coloring sheet on my desk that read,BACK TO SCHOOL!! For all of us kids to color, maybe today wasn't going to be so bad.

I was interrupted to the chair next to be being pulled out aggressively making me jump a little,"I-I'm sorry.. I'm just excited" I looked over to meet the voice, he looked to be a bit older than me with curly dark brown hair slightly blocking his forehead, he sat down next to me and smiled as he took out his crayons to start working on his coloring paper while waiting for the teacher to come and help him,"its fine," he smiled and held his palm out me, soon me catching on as I shaked it gently," I'm josh, josh dun!" I smiled,"I like your name, I'm tyler,tyler joseph!", he smiled back as we shook and  let our hands make there way to the wax sticks we called crayons,"wanna be friends?" He said as he dropped
his crayon looking at me," i-I've never had a friend before...sure!" He smiled and gave me a side hug"yay!".

-present day-
"You......are......so.....slow" josh dragged his sentence as I stood on the wood flooring, him sitting on the beanbag portending to sleep,I rolled my eyes and jumped on him,"ACK!" He made a loud noise making me giggle, I balanced my self on his lap,"tyler that hurt!"," I know that's why I did it you doof?" He pushed me off his lap me falling on my butt,"ouch!" I said standing and rubbing my butt, "josh that really hurt!" I said checking my bottom to make sure no leaves stuck to it,"your good no leaves" josh said as he patted the last leaf off my butt," thanks, now what did you want that was so urgent?"," oh right! Um... Sit down first" I obeyed and made my way to the floor flinching a little, yup it would leave a bruise.
"So I have a present for you" he said sitting in front of me crossing his legs our knees slightly touching,"Mhhmm proceed," I urged on, josh always got me good gifts so I was excited to see it,"well it's not that exciting I hand made it..","I'm sure it's awesome josh," he brought his hand out of his hoodie pocket revealing two bracelets,
"This is for you," he said slipping one of the two bracelets around my frail wrist, I stared at the cheep silver beads that read, "My Fren" a smile spread across my lips, as I looked back up at him,"thank you","it no problem your my best bud and you deserve it!" Did I mention I had a crush on him? I guess not, well now you know, this boy who I've called my friend for 7 years now I have fallen in love with, and I don't know how, but somehow I did,he gave me a hug and rubbed my back a little,I squeezed him a little to hard,"ok tyler...I still need oxygen!" I giggled and let go of him," sorry haha!" He smiled softly looking at his caliced palms that laid in his lap, he looked up at me with some type of emotion in his eyes, I couldn't quite tell what it was, but it was foreign and inviting looking, "tyler..","josh?" I looked into his eyes, we had been like this for five minutes,he leant in sending shivers down my spine, I couldn't tell if I was leaning in or not I physically could not move, and then ... Our lips were connected, his lips were a bit chapped because of the December air but I didn't mind at this point, he quickly pulled away after about two second realizing what he had done," I-I'm sorry tyler.... I should go...it's about dinner time," he hurried down the stairs leaving me speechless, I wanted with all my might to call out his name and have him in front of me again, but I couldn't, it was like my voice couldn't work, I was shocked , so many questions?
Did he like me?why did he go so fast?would this ruin our friendship? I looked down at my bracelet and a tear slipped down my face, I quickly wiped it away and walked down the ladder and made my way home, not speaking a word the whole night.