"Same for you," Stiles replied,  rolling over to stare at the ceiling. Derek kept an arm around his waist. "If you don't want to do this date thing, I don't want you to do it. It's your choice. Don't do it because I'm a big baby and started crying." He laughed at himself, shaking his head. Derek didn't really want to do the date, but what he did want to do was make Stiles happy. Therefore, he wanted to do the double date. "It was a stupid idea anyways," Stiles added. 

"I want to do it," Derek said. "If it'll make you happy, it'll make me happy. All that matters is that I'm beside you."

Stiles smiled small. "Thank you."

+++

Derek sat beside Stiles at a small table near the window of a slightly fancy resturant. Stiles originally wanted to go somewhere more casual, but since Derek was on this date when he clearly didn't want to be, Stiles caved and Derek got to pick the restaurant. It wasn't crowded and the food was good, plus average employees who usually checked in at least every fifteen to twenty minutes. 

"You didn't have to do this," Stiles reminded him, glancing at him briefly. He closed the menu in front of him and shoved it to the side so he could focus on Derek. "I said you didn't have to. I feel like the worst boyfriend in the world because I know you're only doing this to make me happy."

Derek laughed a little, shaking his head. "Stiles, that's the point of dating. We make each other happy. Sometimes that means going on awkward double dates with your best friend and a guy who tried to hit on you once. It's okay because I'm with you." He leaned forward enough to kiss the tip of Stiles' nose, which made him grin. "Stop worrying about me. I'm fine."

"You're the best," Stiles whispered close to his ear. Derek smiled like an idiot and tried to keep his eyes on the menu in his hands because he still had no clue what he wanted to eat. By the time he did decide, Scott and Isaac had finally shown up. They took seats across from Stiles and Derek and looked even more awkward than Derek felt. "Hey guys," Stiles greeted. 

"Hi," Scott replied with a small grin. "This place is nice." He glanced at Isaac, who was staring down at his hands in his lap. Scott looked away, instead looking at his best friend. "Have you ordered yet?"

"Not yet," Stiles said, offering Scott his menu. "It shouldn't be long before our waitress gets back though." 

Derek didn't want to talk. It was too uncomfortable. He'd much rather be at home with Stiles in his bed, watching a movie and sharing lazy kisses, talking about pointless things. That was Derek idea of a perfect date, but Stiles wanted this and Derek wanted to see him smile. He sighed softly as Scott rambled on about something, probably trying to get Isaac to laugh and only half succeeding. Derek felt around under the table for Stiles' hand and linked their fingers together when he found it. 

In another hour, they all had food in front of them. Derek could tell Stiles was trying to stay out of the conversation as much as possible, unless Scott really needed help. It was sweet, what Stiles was doing for Scott, but he desperately wanted to leave. It seemed like Stiles didn't really want to be there much longer either. 

A little while later, Scott was in the middle of a story about something that had happened at work and Isaac was listening intently, smiling and laughing. Scott was focused only on him. Stiles untangled his hand from Derek's and instead placed it on his thigh. Derek took in a deep breath, praying Stiles wasn't planning on doing anything. Not now anyways. He didn't want to get hard in the middle of a resturant while two other guys were sitting across from them.