Chapter 13

Stiles

"Stiles, your boyfriend's here!" his dad screamed up the stairs. Stiles was not ready though, so he chose to ignore his dad and continue pulling up his pants. He may have gotten a late start because, well, he really enjoyed sleeping. It wasn't his fault that the alarm clock wasn't loud enough to wake him up. "STILES!" Again, Stiles ignored him and started shoving his feet into shoes before realizing they were on the wrong feet, and then proceeded to kick them off and switch them around. By the time he was done gettin ready, Derek would've already decided to break up with him. He was worse than a girl. "STILES STILINSKI! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!"

"I'm coming! Damn!" Stiles grumbled, throwing the strap of his backpack over his shoulder. He hurried down the stairs, trying not to kill himself, and landed at the bottom where Derek stood waiting. "Hey, how's your morning been?" Stiles asked, half out of breath. 

Derek grinned. "Well, I spent half of it waiting on you, so. . ." he trailed off as Stiles smacked his arm and started pushing him towards the door. 

"Bye dad, see you after school! Or, after studying. I have to study with. . . with Scott! Yeah, with Scott. We have a huge test tomorrow and I wouldn't wanna fail, you know? Okay, love you!" Stiles tried not to be obvious, but he so was. He was never subtle about anything. But if his dad suspected something, he wasn't speaking up. Which meant Stiles didn't have to awkwardly explain anything, and he didn't want to stick around long enough for the questions to start flying. He shoved Derek outside and immediately slammed the door behind him. 

"Dude, your dad totally knows," Derek pointed out as he slowly walked towards the car, even though Stiles was trying to make him go faster. "I don't think he cares though, which is weird. Maybe it's just weird for him. Do you think it is? Maybe if we had, like, a dinner or something, then he-"

"What?!" I sputtered, shaking my head as Derek moved towards his side of the car. "No, no, no. Absolutely not. That's not happening, Derek. I'm not putting myself in that awkward situation. Besides, my dad's cool with us. There's no need for a dinner, or whatever." Stiles swung his door open and plopped down in the seat at the same time as Derek. The doors were shut and Derek started up the car, waiting as Stiles put his seatbelt on. Derek never did, but for Stiles, it was a habit, his dad being the sheriff and all. 

"I was just suggesting it," Derek explained as he pulled away from Stiles' house. "If it makes you uncomfortable though, then we won't. It's just that you've had dinner at my house, so I thought maybe we should have dinner with your dad." He sighed heavily and drummed his fingers against the steering wheel in time to the music playing. Stiles just looked out the window, unsure of how to reply. "What if you just invite your dad over to my house sometime and then he can meet my parents?"

Stiles snorted. "He's the sheriff, Der. He knows just about everyone, including the Hale's. Our dads used to hang out in high school." He shifted his backpack around so it was on his lap and then awkwardly played with the zipper as Derek drove. 

"Still, I think it'd be nice," Derek murmmered. The subject was dropped after that because Derek had just pulled into the school parking lot. Scott was waiting on the sidewalk, talking to Isaac Lahey for some reason. They never talked, but aparently they did now. "Are they uh, friends now?" Derek asked, nodding towards Scott and Isaac.