Chapter 23: We're moving?!

Jack's POV:
I wasn't in the hospital for that long and today I was going home. My mom did the paperwork and helped me to the car. They had to stitch up the stab wound. It wasn't that big of a scar. The doctor had gave me a note for school. While we were in the car, I looked out the window with my mind flooding with thoughts. Why would Aaron do this to me? Did Aaron really want to stab me? What would've happened if I didn't jump in? What are the police gonna do to Aaron? I was brought back into reality when my mom spoke.
"I was so worried about you! What happened?"
I sighed.
"I was at Mark's house. Mark wanted to talk to his mom alone so I went upstairs. I heard yelling and the door slam shut. I ran after Mark when all of a sudden, I had felt a sharp pain in my neck. I had blacked out and when I woke up, I was tied up in the basement of the hardware store."
My mom didn't say anything for a moment, but then she responded.
"I can't believe he did that to you. I'm just glad that your safe."
I smiled a little.
"Thanks ma. I love you."
"Love you too, sweetie."
We were silent for the rest of the ride. When we got to our house, I went straight to my room. I decided to text Mark to let him know I'm ok.
J: hey babe😘just got out of the hospital
M: thats great news
J: yea it is
M: what are u gonna do about school?
J: I got a note from the doctor
M: oh. Well, I'll ttyl
J: k. Bye love you! 😘😘
M: ly2 💕💕
I put my phone on my nightstand and relaxed on my bed. I was glad that they arrested Aaron. He deserves to be in prison for all the suffering he caused me.
-------------------------------
I must've fallen asleep because when I got up, it was dark outside. I went downstairs to see my m sitting on the couch with her head in her hands.
"What's wrong?"
"Its nothing."
"Ma, I know you're lying. Just tell me whats wrong."
She sighed.
"I lost my job."
"What? Why?"
"Well, the company was losing money, so they fired some of their employees, including me."
I rubbed circles on her back.
"I'm so sorry to hear that, Ma."
"That's not the worst part."
Now I was getting worried.
"What do you mean?"
"I looked online and there is a job opening. It pays really well and I wouldn't work on the weekends. But if I accept this job, we........would have to move again."
I felt my heart drop. We have to move again?
"We........we're moving?"
"I was thinking about taking the job. I mean, you dont have to move with me. You're 18. I think you can handle living by yourself."
"I'll have to think about it."
"It's ok, Sean. Take your time."
"Thanks ma."
"You're welcome. Now I'm gonna go out for a while."
"Ok. Be safe ma."
"I will. Love you."
"Love you too."
Then she left and I was alone, thinking about what she just told me. I decided to call Mark. The phone rung once and he answered.
"Hey Jackaboy."
"Hey Mark. Can you come over? I need to talk to you."
"Sure. What's wrong?"
"I just really need to talk to you."
"Ok. I'll be there in a minute."
"Ok. Bye."
"Bye."
Then I hung up. I was worried. I didnt know how Mark would react. I didn't know what to do. Do I stay or move with my mom? It was a very tough choice. If I stay here, I'll get to be with Mark and all my other friends. But if I leave, I might not see Mark ever again. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Then I heard the doorbell. I opened the door to see Mark.
"Hey Mark."
"Hey Jack. May I come in?"
"Of course."
We sat on the couch and I sighed.
"Mark, my mom told me that she found another job, but if she accepts it, we have to move. She gave me the choice to either move with her or stay here. I've been thinking about it and I don't know what to do. I want to stay here, but I also want to be there for my mom."
He hugged me and rubbed my back.
"Well, if you move, we can still have a relationship. It'll be long distance so that you can still be there for your mom."
"Yeah, but some long distance relationships don't last and I want what we have to last for as long as possible."
"Well, If you stay here, we can occasionally visit your mom and check up on her."
"What if something happens to her and I'm not there to help her?"
"Jack, you can't keep thinking about the negatives. Just think positive."
I thought about it. He was right. I can't just think about bad things that could happen. I should think about the good things that could happen if I stay here.
"You know what? That sounds like a good idea. Thanks Mark."
"You're welcome."
For the rest of the night, we just hung out. We played video games and watched a movie. Eventually, Mark left and I was alone waiting for my mom to come home. After about 10 minutes, the door opened.
"Hey ma. I thought about it and...... I decided that I wanna stay here. But I will come and visit you any chance I have."
She looked at me surprised. Then she smiled at me.
"If that's what you wanna do, then I'm ok with it."
"Really?"
"Really. And I also have something to say."
"What is it, Ma?"
"I found another opening for a job here in California, which means that we don't have to move!"
"Really!?"
"Yeah! Its not that far away. I feel like I'll get the job."
We hugged and I went in my room. I plan on telling Mark tomorrow. Right now, I'm very tired. I flopped on my bed feeling really happy. Eventually, I drifted to sleep.
--------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I would like to recommend a story. Well, not really a story, but its a book of poems by fangirl_bookworm14. She came up with these poems. I really like them and I think you guys will too.

If you liked this chapter, HIT that vote button in the face and feel free to leave comments down below.

I love you guys sooo much and I will see you guys in the next chapter!

BYEEEEEE :P