Chapter 2

My eyes widened in shock as I gazed at the large wolf before me. It was evident that he was an Alpha due to the signature black fur and large size that all alphas had. He was snarling ferociously at me, splashes of drool hitting my face.

"Ugh you got drool all over me!" I shrieked as I arose from the floor and glared at the alpha.

He definitely didn't like how I was speaking to him and growled at me once again, causing me to smirk. "What? You expect me to cower away in fear just because you're an alpha? I don't think so."

That seemed to piss him off even more and before I could blink, he charged after me, but before he could law a paw on me, another black wolf emerged from the trees and I instantly knew that it was my mate coming to my rescue.

He growled at the other alpha ferociously while I just stood there watching the altercation go down. The other alpha growled back and the two just stood there staring each other down for quite a while. They seemed to be talking to each other through their minds, which left me confused and eager to know what they were discussing.

The two backed away from each other and next thing I knew they were both back in their human forms, standing naked before me. I felt my cheeks heat up as I shrieked and turned away from them.

"Some clothes would be nice!" I grumbled, hearing my mate laughing behind me.

"Like what you see?" he chuckled.

"I didn't see anything," I semi-lied. I only caught a glimpse of his muscular ass before I turned away. He had a pretty good ass.

"You can turn back around now," my mate said and I obliged, immediately observing him and the other alpha, who were now wearing a pair of basketball shorts.

His facial features were very rugged and sharp, almost similar to my mate. I looked between the two and realized the slight resemblance between them.

"Niall, what were you doing? Are you trying to scare off my mate," my mate yelled at him.

"Scared? She was far from scared. You should've seen how she was mouthing me off. That's one hell of a mate you got there," Niall said as he eyed me up and down.

"Got that right," I grumbled, returning the same look he was giving me.

"And this is not a proper way to greet your brother now, is it?" Niall said, tilting his head as he stared at my mate whose name I had yet to find out.

My mouth hung open slightly. They're brothers? What the hell? No wonder they resembled each other.

Niall picked up on my confused expression and laughed. "You should tell her what's really going on. It's not good to keep secrets away from your mate."

"Niall, now is not the time," my mate warned his brother.

"No, I think it's the perfect time, Nathan," Niall replied with a smile on his face, finally revealing my mate's name.

"Perfect time for what?" I snapped, my voice filled with confusion as I tried to comprehend what was going on between the two brothers. What secrets was Nathan withholding from me?

Niall snapped his gaze towards mine and smiled. "You got yourself a feisty one there, Nathan."

"Can you stop with the constant smiling? It's fuçking-" I began but Nathan covered my mouth before I could utter another word.