△01△

Anthony.

About an hour ago, the house was buzzing with the voices of all of my friends. Some were yelling across the room in order to say goodbye, others were giggling with each other as they heard new jokes or pieces of gossip, others were just talking to themselves trying to sort out their luggage, flights and Ubers. I, on the other hand, sat in the midst of all the chaos with a grin. My friends would come and hug me goodbye, tell me they'd see me soon, then leave.
Over the weekend, we'd all met up here in order to attend the highly anticipated convention, VidCon 2017. It was packed with all sorts of Youtubers, Viners, and of course fans. I met many of them at our meet-up, something I always had fun doing at any convention. But now, all the convention fun was over, and the 20+ people living in the house had to say goodbye the Friday after it was over.
I, on the other hand, was content with the fact that I'd be staying here in Los Angeles all alone for the next week. I decided last minute, just for kicks, because who wouldn't take a whole week in LA? I won't have to consult ideas with my friends, even if it is more fun to hang out with them. All my plans were run by me, and me only, and I didn't have anyone there to tell me no. Anyway, I had my whole week settled. I was ready to sleep in until 11am every day and take the day head on until early morning. Then the cycle would continue.
But then, Isaac decided otherwise.
"Hey!" He shouted from the doorway. I looked up to see him walking over to me, rolling his suitcase behind him. He had a large grin on his face, and knowing Isaac, it couldn't mean anything good.
"What's up buddy?" I said to him as he practically threw himself down next to me. He had a curiously excited look in his eye, but one that gave me the creeps to look at. He looked way too excited for a boy that's leaving LA. "Doesn't your flight leave in like...an hour?"
"Not with me! I cancelled it! And so did Eugie and Will, and I think Sean! Can you believe it?" He kicked his legs up onto the coffee table, then put his hands behind his head. "Now I get to hang with my good buddy CreeperFarts for another week."
Eugie, Will and Iris came through the door just then, and Eugie had a bright grin on her face. Ris was looking down at her phone, suitcase in her other hand. She looked frustrated, but mostly concentrated, then finalized whatever she was doing with a ceremonial touch of the screen, then smiled.
"So you convinced Ris to tag along too, Will?" Isaac called out, still in his relaxed position.
Will gave him a thumbs up and a nod, then climbed upstairs to re-settle all his stuff back into his room.
"Tag along for what?" I turned to Isaac with a puzzled expression.
Are my plans ruined? Not necessarily. I like to spend time with my friends, clearly, but it would've been nice to get some alone time. Especially in such a nice city as LA.
"I don't want to go back home, like at all. And when I found out you were staying here, I thought 'well as long as I'm not alone'. Then I told Will, who told Sean, who told Sam, who told Rae, who told–"
"I don't have to make a four hour drive back home until next Monday! I'm staying with you guys!" A voice announced from upstairs. Isaac and I looked at each other instinctively, and gave off an awkward laugh. The coincidence of her announcement to his words was too perfect not to laugh.
"Jen."
Before I knew it, everyone was unpacking their stuff into their rooms, some of them taking a new room since there were less people in the house now. Isaac looked content, I felt conflicted but still delighted to have my friends here. The only thing on my mind was what we'd do for an entire week, other than visit the beach or sit by the pool.
Sean came down, shooting Isaac a high five before slumping down on the couch next to us.
Eugie, Ris, and Jen all came down at the same time, talking amongst themselves about who-knows-what. They gave off a simultaneous chuckle, then sat themselves down across from us in the circle of couches. Will came around the corner, with a faint smile playing on his lips. He stood behind the couch the girls were sat on, but looked over them to me.
"What could you have possibly done in LA all alone, without your awesome friends?"
"What happens in LA, stays in LA."
"That's the thing for Las Vegas, Ant." Iris interjected, but kept a playful grin on her face. It was clear to me that they thought I'd go out and do some adultish things, but that wasn't on my agenda until Friday.
"Las Vegas, Los Angeles, same difference. Still cities." I bounced back at her with a chuckle. Will had sit down by this point, so I looked over and gave him a slight nod. All of us, although silent, gave off a cheerful vibe that made us all look at each other and smile.
"What the hell is a Raemantha?"
"That triggers me."
"It..what?"
"It triggers me."
Voices from above caused everyone to look up to the stairs, where Nathan, Rae and Sam stood. Nathan had a bewildered expression, and looked to the two girls with serious confusion. Rae and Sam just laughed, then walked down without giving Nathan proper explanation. As Nathan descended, Kayla emerged and followed closely behind.
Rae, Sam, Nathan and Kayla all filled the gaps between us on the couches, leaving space for no one else to come sit.
"Is there still snacks in the fridge?" Kayla inquired. Someone from the group gave an affirmative hum, and she set off towards the kitchen.
"I'll come with!" Eugie hopped up and ran after her, both girls smiling brightly. I watched as they opened up the fridge, and saw nothing but water bottles and half-empty food boxes. They weren't too interested in other people's leftovers, clearly, so they trudged back to the couch.
That all happened in the span of an hour. Now we all sat content in the living room, with nothing but our breathing filling the quiet void. Everyone was on their phone, either checking their channels or social media. I felt myself growing bored already. Looking at my phone takes 2 minutes, and this has been way longer than that. How can they waste precious minutes in a city as beautiful as this?
"Guys. I know we have a week, but we have to make it count." I stand as I speak to all of them, and I know I've gotten at least Isaac's attention. He shifted in his seat and almost looked uncomfortable. "There's so many things to do, and we basically have the entire day ahead of us to do anything. So slap down ideas – what are we going to do?"
"We could go to Disneyland? Or Universal." Jen pitched, but was quickly shot down by Sam.
"I'm waayyy too broke for that. How about the Santa Monica Pier?"
Rae and Kayla crinkled their noses, obviously not as excited for the idea as they could. The beach is fun and all – but I was looking for something more exciting.
"We could visit that wax museum!"
"The zoo!"
"Go shopping!"
Now Nathan, Rae and Isaac threw down their ideas, all of which were received with negative glances or remarks. This isn't a disaster, just yet at least. I have one idea up my sleeve, one that may make or break these Negative-Nancies.
"Okay, I have an idea. I don't know if you guys will like it, but, how about..."
They all leaned forward, and I felt my idea become way more anticipated by the second. I smirked as I felt a sense of control over their minds.
"How about we go camping?"

YO.
WELCOME TO WOODS.
Hope you enjoy, and if you're in this, surprise!
-Jen