Part 1

They were good friends... and she don't want to risk ruining their friendship by taking it to the next level But he did...

Come on Victor... what are you doing there? Can't you hear your phone shout like an old transistor? Pick it up or else I'll throw it outside yelled my mom.

She always consider being tech savvy is useless. Since she started yelling, I ran in a hurry to pick the phone up which was kept in ground floor for charging. Even I was thinking who is there to call me at 11:00 PM. When I saw the phone, OMG I was on cloud nine, Yeah. It was her.

Coimbatore, June 20TH, 2011.

I was a complete nerd when I was in my grade 10. With the same name I stepped on to the HSC. My attitude changed eventually and finally I became a back bencher: P

How dare you tease me you bloody flirty shit? Shouted Sheela at me. Sheela came with a bang and fought with me regarding harassment.

Sheela is a bold girl whose friends circle is small. She has a character of bullying unnecessarily with others in the name of supporting a friend. My reaction was nil and that instigated her more. Being the daughter of a teacher, she was known for discipline and all other stuffs. She was shouting without minding that the math tutor Mr. Patel has entered the class.

He asked both of us to meet the Principal and the principal asked us to stand at the school Corridor. And there she came.

She had a face that shines like a full moon. Her smile worth a million dollar. Even I can write many phrases like this but still I am not a poet... So, according to me she is beautiful that's it.

Her name is Riya... Usually peeps call her as Choco pie because of her beauty. But it was a massive disaster for me that Riya is a friend of Sheela. Whereas sheela and me are like Cat and a Dog. Sheela knew that I have an eye for Riya. Sheela always fight with me only to keep me aside from Riya.

At this time she came. Hey babe what are you doing outside? Riya asked Sheela. This Dumbo quarreled with me again and that's why I am here said Sheela. Hearing her response and seeing her dramatic expression, Riya gave a horrible look at me.

It was never been an easy phase for me to deal Re. As whenever I try to speak to her, I have an encounter with Sheela. And that ends as a horror movie.

Chennai, August 12th 2015, 11:15PM

Meanwhile, the thoughts of her first sight revolving in my mind, there was around 2 missed calls in my phone. I came to reality and called her back. She picked my call in the very first ring and said that

She missed me as a friend. I really hate the phrase "as a friend" that she usually use. I asked her to stay calm and sleep as it was late night. She sent me a good night message in WhatsApp and went offline. But I was not in a mood to sleep.

I laid on the couch and started thinking about my schooling.

Coimbatore, June 2011.

It was a lunch break. Sheela was on leave that day. Vinod, my best pal pushed me towards Re to speak to her. With full courage I approached her. Though she was my class mate, I had not had even a single chit chat with her. I asked her how she was and how was her JEE preparation. She replied reluctantly and I knew it was because of the image that sheela had created about me on her.

Vinod is a boy who speaks to girls in a well distant manner, whereas I was not. I have a close contact with most of the girls in the class except Sheela, Re and her friends. They are not so free to communicate rather... or even I don't know whether I dint approach them well.

Vinod was a friend of Re and her gang in Facebook. When he suggested me as a friend for Re she rejected it. I gave a request and asked her to accept it. I was not having a smart phone at that time. I used to text her in phone. Every time I call her through phone I will get a tone in the other end "The number you have tried has not replied, please try again after sometime".

Chennai, Present

Meanwhile I was thinking about the schooling It was about 5 AM. I got a call from my Team Leader asking me to come office soon as there was a sudden executive meeting at 10 AM . I was so upset since I had to work very early.

I asked my mom to get me a coffee. My company cab picked me up at 8 AM. I went to the office as early as possible.

As soon as I entered the office reception I got a call from the HR again asking me to come to conference hall. When I went inside the hall I saw a letter stating that I was promoted as a team leader and the sudden party was arranged by my colleague Duva.

Duva is a simple Muslim girl from Kerala who is also quite as same as me.

Hey Duva! I dint even expect this from you! Anyways thanks a ton!

"Saramilla eto " it was her reply. It meant it's okay!!!

Since she was new to Tamil Nadu she was not so fluent in Tamil.

Gimme a treat Mr. Leader said Duva.

She along with her 3 friends accompanied me to CCD our usual meeting place.

I am going home for a week I said.

Duva was shocked and asked me "u usually do not bother about your Coimbatore right?! Then what happened suddenly!!

Not like that! Re called me ...

Omg! Your lost Gf called you! Laughed Duva!!

Just shut up! I am going to attend her engagement ceremony... I said

She became serious and asked me are you okay!

I said I am.

<3 <3 <3

I board the Cheran express to cbe.. Meanwhile I got a WhatsApp text stating bon voyage! Come safe!

It was re! Omg! How can I forget her? Her smile! Her lips! Her chin! Her sharp eyes! But still I made up my mind by thinking she is gonna get married!

I replied with a fake smile "I ll come safe... don't worry!! J J

<3 <3 <3

Coimbatore, present

I called vinod to pick me up from junction. We reached the Jenny's club in Avinashi road where her engagement is planned for.

It was a grand hall and one of the biggest in the city! It was breathtaking for me to see my re ( sorry someone else's re) to see in perfect Tamil saree and jewels. Dai! How was your journey?! Why are you late??

I just gave a gaze and went down to meet my other schooling friends. Shruti came there with her boyfriend and greeted me!

Only vinod knew how much I had loved re ?!

How are you able to bear all this machan ?! he asked.

That's okay da ! let her go I said.

One day I was listening to SG music in ma iPod... I again got a call from her.

She called and said that her marriage was called off suddenly due to some problems and asked me to come soon. I was shocked even I was much more puzzled to hear what happened to her? Why did she call suddenly and say like this!

I went straight to her home asked her what happened re?! She laughed and said it was a dare that was set by her

I went back to Chennai after her engagement ceremony and a short vacation. As a team leader I was engaged all time and I had no time to attend any calls even.

I got a mail from shriya, my HR stating that I was selected for a summit at the US.

I was on cloud nine and the mail also added Ms. Duva will accompany me.

How is this possible ? kept thinking I went and asked duva about this

Ya ! I knew and I am happy to leave n said me the tickets will be ready in a day or two and we will leave Chennai in couple of weeks.