Backstory

"Those suits you found... Aren't fake..." Charred said, his voice starting to crack, "Those belonged to a few of the dragons that fought with their lives in the war. They... They died honorably." You were shocked at what he had told you.

"Why did you tell me this? I didn't think you trusted me that much..." You said.
"I do trust you! I wouldn't have brought you here if I hadn't!" He lashed out at you, "You... You can leave here. I'll bring you back to the human world."
"B-but..." You stuttered, being cut off by Charred.

"I know you want to go back."
"N-no! Never! I wouldn't go back there for a million dollars!" You shouted, tears welling up in your eyes.
"I know you want to go back!" He roared at you, "That's all you humans ever want! Is to betray the ones that love them!" Sadness started to overcome his anger, until he grabbed you and stomped out of the secret room. "I knew you would betray me..." He said under his breath.

"N-no!" You said, squirming in his grip.
"Then prove it to me!" He yelled, right before nearly throwing you towards the ground. "Prove it!"
"Ho-" you cut yourself off, knowing exactly what to do. You ran up to him, looked him straight in the eye, and hugged him. You realized he wasn't hugging back, and when you looked back up, shock filled his eyes. You thought to yourself, 'did I do the right thing? Is he convinced? Is he mad?' The thoughts raced through your mind, your body soon overcome by fear. The large scaled creature walked away, leaving you in the middle of the library. You started to cry, and whispered to yourself, "Why? Why did I say that..."
You heard the door eventually fall shut after the last of his long tail slipped through the door. "Why?" You cried more, until you eventually fell asleep in the middle of the floor...

A/N: sorry about the chapter being really short! Don't worry, I'm going to start working on the next chapter tomorrow! School starts soon so I won't be able to update as much, but I should still be able to update at least once a week! That's all for now!