|28| The Fool and The Maiden

|Third Person POV|

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The beating of the drums was loud and rhythmic as Hisoka stepped foot into the pit, Zel on his arms.

He grinned, secretly enjoying the knowledge that the Empress was his arm-candy. He wondered if that made him an Emperor. But then Zel flashed him a glare, and his smile widened even more.

He had no need for an Empress, he was much more suited to rule as a lone tyrant. So he left her on the stone seats, and sashayed his way onto the battlefield.

He could barely keep the grin from going off his face as he sized up his opponent.

It was a large, beastly man. An enhancer who had given himself animal attributes. Tusks and claws and scales. This, was the God of Monsters.

To Hisoka's great delight, the red lady was once more the announcer of the night. He quite enjoyed watching her, as he had already decided that she was in fact stronger than Zel, and would be a more worthy opponent - after he slaughters these so called gods.

"The challenger is Hisoka Morrow, your opponent this time is The God of Monsters : Korak. The time limit is 5 minutes, and all weapons are allowed. Ready? Begin!"

The shrill ring of the bell - rusted by the countless gallons of blood spilled - brought a shiver up Hisoka's spine. His face filled with an orgasmic delight as he rushed towards this Korak.

The God of Monsters howled, and a earth-shaking force erupted from his mouth. Just by sound alone, he made the entire cavern quiver and shake. But brute force was not enough to defeat Hisoka.

With bungee-gum, Hisoka had already neutralized the sound attack; moving like death on swift wings, he arrived behind Korak.

"Peek-a-boo~" He taunted, leaving a trace of bungee-gum on the large man's back.

Spikes shot out, but Hisoka easily evaded them. The porcupine's back turned, and angry eyes stared at Hisoka. Crazed with gleeful and sadistic laughter, Hisoka cartwheeled away from Korak's charge. Leaving another string of Bungee gum on the right side of the Monster's body.

This game of cat and mouse continued until Hisoka had bungee gum attached to at least eight places, spread out evenly all along Korak's body. A mere minute had passed.

Frustrated, Korak snarled.

"You! Hisoka! Stop running and fight me like a man!"

The fuchsia-haired man was licking his lips deviously as he flung himself up into the air; announcing with psychotic determination:

"Are you ready then? Are you ready!?"

His words taunted Korak, but his murderous gaze was locked onto Zel, whose own unwavering gaze held his amber eyes filled with savage intent.

A wicked grin erupted, and Hisoka flung his arms apart.

"Fake God, witness the true monster!"

And just like that, the bungee gum constricted, tearing apart Korak's body. Innards splashed out and intestines flopped against the dirty ground. This was an even gorier ending than the Hunt God's.

"The Winner is Hisoka." The Red Lady declared.

"Do you like it?" Hisoka purred. He wasn't talking to the red lady, but instead to the still alive Korak.

Hisoka picked up the fallen god's heart, and held it up to a slowly dimming eye.

"Watch now~ don't miss a thing. Behold... your mortality!"