Chapter Three: Mister Mister

I sat down in the shower letting the water pour into the top of my bed. I didn't know what to do... The time when I punched the wall and my hand was okay, and all my anger flashes came to mind. I never acted like that. I was so sweet and kind to people. I never pushed out at my dad...

I never ever woke up drenched in blood either.... Well those times doesn't count.

"Monica?" I heard Christen's voice on the outside of the door.

My head snapped towards the door. I could have heard him clear as day even though I'm sitting down and the shower poured on my head.

"I'm sorry if I got you in trouble..."

I stood up and turned off the shower. I wrapped a towel around myself and made my way to the door. I opened the door and saw tears on his face. "Hey it's fine." I said smiling at him. "I don't care what consequence I have to face. No matter what I'll protect you."

Christen smiled and walked away.

I made my way to my room and began getting dressed. By the time I was done everyone was up and downstairs.

"Hey did you hear a man got killed last night."

My attention turned to my dad as he casually sipped his coffee.

"Yeah I saw it in the paper. People think there might be a wild mountain lion on the loose." my mother said staring at her phone.

My stomach curled and the urge to vomit washed over me. Did I....

"Sis, you okay?" Christen asked looking at me concerned. Everyone began to stare at me and I froze.

"Yeah," I said laughing nervously. "Don't feel like eating. I'm going get a headstart going school." I said jumping off the stool and running to the front door.

"I don't think it's a smart idea to walk around outside." my mom said

I looked up at them and have them a half smile. "I'll be fine." I quickly ran out the front door and made my way to school. As soon as I walked in my head as overloaded with noises and smells. People talking and even whispering made my head pound. Cheap perfume and body spray made me want to vomit.

I leaned up against a wall and curled up into a ball and started to weez. Am I having a panic attack. I looked at my hands and saw my nails were longer almost looked like... Oh my god they're claws! I quickly tuck my hands in my pocket and sat there.

'I killed that guy... It was me wasn't it. What Am I? Am I some psychopathic killer? What... What do I do-.'

' Just breathe. I need you to breathe. When you calm down your claws won't show. Can you do that for me?'

I nodded and began tracking deep breaths. I could feel myself calming down little by little.

' That's good. You didn't kill that man, but someone who's trying to frame you did. Someone like us. That blood you was covered in wasn't human, and the hair you threw up wasn't hair. You ate a rabbit.'

'Someone like us? Wait what?'

'I need you to get up and go to your first period. Can you do that for me?'

I had no clue why, but I got up and began walking towards my first period. 'What are you some kind of conscious telling me what to do?'

I heard a soft chuckle. 'No, but I am someone who cares and won't let you get hurt.'

'Oh my god.'

' What's wrong?'

'I'm losing my damn mind...'

'No you're not it's just that you're not used to this since you only shifted last night.'