"Let go of me!" I yell.

Kayden's eyes snap to me and then to the man holding my arm. Kayden growls and steps toward me but stops when I feel cold metal touch my temple. My body starts to shake and I look at Kayden with pleading eyes.

"The pack demands blood, Alpha! If you don't let us take her, you will become a rogue like her!" He sneers.

The man pushes the gun harder on my temple and I wince. The action made Kayden snarl and tense up.

'I have an idea, sweetie. Just play along. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you or the baby.' He mind links me.

"I'll take her. I want to talk to her about that." He points to my belly.

He makes his face fill with anger and hatred. I try to look scared and squirm in the man's grip. He reluctantly hands me over to Kayden and steps back. Kayden drags me out toward the pack prison. And he puts me in a cell once we get in there, He kisses my forehead and gives me a small, white pill. What is this?

'Don't worry, it won't hurt you or the baby. Take it and you will appear dead. I keep them for emergency purposes. I'll take you to a place i go to get away. No one else knows about it so you should be safe. I got to go now. I love you.' He kisses me on the forehead and walks away.

I stare at the white pill in my hand and slowly bring it to my mouth. I'm gonna regret this. I throw it in my mouth and swallow it quickly. It leaves a nasty, chalky taste in my mouth and I make a sour looking face.

After just a couple of minutes I'm super dizzy and I can't stand anymore. I fall to my knees and watch as my world goes black.

----------------------
Kayden's POV
----------------------
As I drag her to the prison, I pull a small, clear bag out of my jeans pocket. It contains two,small, white pills in it. I'm not going to lose her again. I can't lose her again.

I lead her to the cell and once we're there, I give her a hug. Quickly i put a pill in her hand.

'Don't worry, it won't hurt you or the baby. Take it and you will appear dead. I keep them for emergency purposes. I'll take you to a place I go to get away. No one else knows about it so you should be safe. I got to go now. I love you.' I know she wouldn't say it back so after placing a kiss on her forehead, I leave.

I march back to the pack house and burst through the door. Anger is radiating off of me in waves. I walk in the kitchen just in time to hear the man that threatened to kill my mate, Connor, tell everyone how he hit Tara. he hit Tara?! Just stay calm Kayden... You're supposed to hate Tara. I sigh and march in.

"She's gonna regret cheating on me!" I yell.

All of them men smirk and I hear some 'yeah she is!' And 'beat the crap out her!' And 'you better bet on it!'

Every word they say makes me want to rip their throats out. But I restrain myself and manage a smirk at their words. I glance over to Anthony and Daniel who look like they've seen a ghost. I see a tear slide down Anthony's cheek but he quickly turns around and leaves the room. Daniel shakes his head at me and leaves as well.

I've got to tell them.

------------------

"Kayden, even if you get her out of here, she'll never have a life." Daniel states.

"He's right K." Anthony says quietly.

I pound my fist into the table and growl in frustration.

"I'm not going to lose her again!"

Daniel takes a step towards me,"it's not your choice Kayden. It's Tara's." He says calmly.

I sink into the chair in and hold my head with my hands. They're right, but I know what she will choose. My eyes burn when tears threaten to spill over. I try to stop them but a traitor tear slides down my cheek.

I suddenly stand up causing the chair to fall over. I hear a Commotion near the prison. Anthony and Daniel already heard it and are running out the door. I bolt to the prison just in time to see them pull Tara's unmoving body out. Though I know she isn't dead, I still feel pain in my chest when I see her like this.

"She's dead...We don't know what happened, she was fine then she just collapsed and her heart stopped." A guard says.

I act angry and grab him by the neck.

"She died on your watch! She died before we could punish her! Now you will be punished!" I throw him to the ground then walk over to Tara's 'dead' body.

I casually pick it up and stride to Daniel. I give her to him and try to act as annoyed as possible.

"Take her to the edge of the territory and toss her. We have no use for her anymore." I grumble.

'Take her to the cabin.' I mind link Daniel.

I said no one knew about it but that wasn't totally true. Daniel and Anthony know about it. They helped me build it. Yes I know how to build...

I go back to the pack house and hang there for about 6 hours until I couldn't take it anymore. I jump up and walk past Connor.

"I'm going for a run, my wolf is restless. I might not be back for a few days." I state casually.

Connor nods and I leave the house. I run into the forest and shift quickly. I run for about 35 minutes until I see the cabin lights in the distance. I howl, letting them know I'm here. I get closer and find more clothes outside of the door. Thank goodness...