Chapter 6

Ben nervously wiped his hand on his dress pants as he paced nervously around in front of the stairs

Ben nervously wiped his hand on his dress pants as he paced nervously around in front of the stairs. "Ben, mate, calm down," Martin laughed. "It's not like this isn't your first date." Ben sighed and told him, "I know, but...look, you know how she is. She isn't into dancing and dresses or any formal occasion. I just want her to have a good time."

Just then, Martin's eyes lit up and a wide smile came on his face when he looked up the stairs. Ben followed his gaze and saw Amanda walking down the staircase in a purple dress. Martin walked up to her when she came down hooked her arm through his. 

They walked into the great hall together, and then so did Tom and his date. Hermione came down and went with Victor, and then Harry and Ron's dates came down. Ben was starting to get nervous and wanted to go up to the common room to see if she was alright. 

As soon as he thought about doing that...he saw the most gorgeous sight in the world. His eyes almost blew out of his head and his jaw nearly fell to the floor. He never thought he would ever see this. 

Cassie came walking down the stairs, a beautiful, sleevelss baby blue dress flowing behind her as she descended. She had put on some light make up, styled her short hair to where it was out from behind her ears like it rarely ever is. Her cast was off, but he could tell it was still a little swollen. Still...she was beautiful.

He felt like he was floating over to her. When he got to the bottom of the stairs, she had just got to the last step. He admired the way her heels made her seem taller than him on the step and just couldn't keep his eyes from roaming. 

When he looked into her eyes, he could see they were filled with doubt. "Do, um...do I look okay?" She nervously asked, as she fiddled with her dress. He gently put his hands on her waist and said, "Cassie...my darling...you are the most stunning creature I have ever seen." 

She blushed furiously and looked away from him, but he put his finger under her chin and brought her to look at him. "I love you," he softly told her in the most sincere tone. She smiled down at him and replied softly, "I love you, too."

After a moment, he offered her his hand and helped her down the last step. She hooked her arm into his and they started going into the great hall...until Professor McGonagall stopped them, along with Harry and his date. 

She informed them that the champions were the first to dance, sending Cassie into a panic. "Oh my God," she said, "I'm going to trip and fall or humiliate myself somehow." Ben gently shushed her, then said, "You will not. You won't because I will always and forever be here to catch you when you fall."

He dipped his head down to where their noses were brushing up against each other's and his breath was ghosting across her lips. Just as he was about to kiss her, McGonagall clapped her hands and made everyone line up. 

They lined up behind Victor and Hermione, while Harry and his date lined up behind Ben and Cassie. Cassie was squeezing on to Ben's arm for dear life. He put his hand on top of her's and gave it an assuring squeeze.