"I'm sorry. Again." I hear a voice from the entrance of the kitchen say.

I turn my head and look up to see Dylan standing by the door looking at his feet. "You've said that loads of times but it doesn't change what you did," I say to him.

"I know it doesn't but I'm going to make it up to you," he promises.

"I don't care if you do make it up to me or you don't, you humiliated me and that will now always be a video in my head playing on loop over and over again," I say to him turning my head and looking back to where my eyes have previously been staring at — my knees.

What I said to him is true and has constantly been happening since. Whenever I'm not busy or not doing something important or when I go to bed at night I keep picturing myself being humiliated by Jessica and Dylan over and over again. I've never been a confident person and I don't think I ever will be, not now anyway.

Dylan slowly walks into the kitchen and slides down next to where I'm sitting. "I hurt you and I can keep saying I'm sorry but I know that won't make a difference. Hunter, I really am sorry. You might not believe me but I am." There's a pregnant pause when he finishes. I don't speak, and not just because I don't know if Dylan wants to say anything more but it's also because I don't know what to say. I've said everything there is for me to say to him.

After about a minute in silence, Dylan decides to carry on speaking. "I broke up with Jessica. It was the night when I embarrassed you. The look on your face and the fact the I was the cause of it made me feel..." There was another pause, this time not as long though but long enough for Dylan to sum up what he was feeling. "Sad. Angry. Sick. Normally I wouldn't be feeling those things but with you, I did."

I'm shocked by what Dylan just revealed. It's now made me wonder if he was feelings those things because he cares for me.

He can't care for me, though, can he?

We continued to sit in another silence. This time, it's about five minutes long. I was thinking about all the things I could say and all the things I really wanted to say. I knew right then when I was proceeding all the things I wanted to say to him in my head that I couldn't say them, so I chose to speak all the things I could say to him. "Did you really break up with Jessica?" I turn and say to him.

When he hears me speak he turns to look at me. "Yeah," he responds.

"I think... I think I'm starting to forgive you. I know that I want to because I really li-" Oh god! I nearly told him I liked him. Oh god, how stupid could I have been to have nearly done that? I'm such an idiot! A complete and utter idiot! "I, uh, I know I want to because I really think you are a great person when you're not with you friends."

"I know I am."

"Then why do you hang around with them then?" I ask.

"I don't know." He shrugs then combs a hand through his hair. "I've known them since I was thirteen. They're my only friends."

"I'm sure you have other friends. Other friends that are three times better than them."

"Look, I'm not going to stop hanging out with my friends but I promise I won't do anything to hurt you again." After he says that he pulls out his phone and — what I assume he does — looks at the time. He places his phone back into his pocket and gets up off the floor. "I gotta go. I meant what I said, though." And with that, he leaves going god knows where while I continue to run the coffee shop.

" And with that, he leaves going god knows where while I continue to run the coffee shop

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi, what did you think of chapter number five? Did you love it? Like it? Or hate it?

What about the conversation that Hunter and Dylan had? What did you think of Dylan when he went to Hunter and apologised?

What about the moment when Hunter almost revealed to Dylan that she had feelings for him? Oh damn!

Do you think Hunter and Dylan could be friends for now? Or possibly more in the future?

Tell me what you think and give this chapter a vote please. :)