10| Psychokinesis*

Start from the beginning

"Why were they visiting England?" Harry asked, subtly noticing the drop in my expression but curiosity got the best of him.

"They were helping out some people..." I trailed off, already feeling uncomfortable with the topic.

Harry sensed my uneasiness quickly, probably noticing how my smile that had stayed intact throughout the night, had disappeared. My depressing thoughts vanished when I heard the trumpet being played in the distance. I gazed over my shoulder, noticing a small jazz band playing on the streets for people who were passing by.

"They seem like good people," he spoke up quietly, making me turn my head back, smiling slightly at his words.

"They are, I hope to be like them someday," I murmured, pursing my lips.

"I'm sure you are already," he shot me a charming grin, one that was really genuine, triggering my own smile. "So, what's your favorite color?" he questioned, his face completely serious as I burst out laughing.

"Are you for real?"

"It's a very important question!" he defended himself, pouting to stop himself from laughing as well. My laughter grew softer, shaking my head in amusement, nevertheless appreciating how randomly he changed the subject from my deceased parents to my favorite color.

"Black," I answered finally.

"You say that like it's obvious," he scoffed, rolling his eyes at me as I chuckled.

"It is! Judging from my work attire obviously," I responded.

"Fair enough," he shrugged lightly. "I don't have a favorite color if you were wondering-"

"I wasn't," I grinned cheekily as he pouted immediately with a frown.

"Bitch," he grumbled playfully, causing me to widen my eyes, a laugh/gasp flying out of my parted lips.

"Dick!"

"Hoe."

"Why you little pri-"

"Would you like your check, Sir?" A busty brunette waitress interrupted my roasting, her dark almond eyes raking down Harry's body.

"Yes," Harry answered curtly, not even glancing at the woman as his gaze lay focused on me.

She pursed her lips in annoyance, shooting a small glare at me before walking away with a huff to get our check. I tried to hide my smirk while sipping on my glass of rosé, as Harry narrowed his eyes, probably thinking of many more insults.

"Before you start again, what is your favorite color?" I asked with a cheeky grin, chin tucking into the palm of my hand as I leaned my elbow on the table.

"I don't have one. I just like dark colors, like my soul," he wiggled his eyebrows for a dramatic effect as I snorted.

"How deep," I commented sarcastically.

The brunette quickly returned with the check, Harry thrusting a credit card into her hands without much of a glance at her, despite my attempts at paying for the meal myself. Once we left, we decided to roam around the streets of New Orleans before I got a brilliant idea of a lovely place we could go to chill out before heading back.

"Come on," I called out to him, giggling drunkenly as I ran towards the gates of the empty City Park.

"We're going to break into a park? Such rebels," Harry commented, slurring his words as he approached me.

I pressed a finger to his lips to hush him, before I grabbed his shoulders and turned him around. Telling him to keep watch, I turned around and made sure I hid what I was doing with the lock. Keeping a hand pressed to the lock, I whispered quietly and quickly, a tiny spell my grandmother taught me to do to unlock things, since there wasn't any specific powers that could help me do that.