The Music Room

...

'Well, let's see if the door is locked.' Lucy walked towards the door. She grabbed the knob and with no surprise the door opened.

'It's not locked so the sign it's practically useless, you don't want me to enter you should just lock the door, and probably don't put this stupid sign that will make me curious to enter.'

When she entered, she realized right away that this was the music room of Jeremy Baldwin. He mentioned it to her many times that someday he will own a room like this and buy all the musical instruments he wanted.

'I should have known that the stupid sign was his idea.' She laughed.

In the room she found the same old piano that was called Robbie, the same old guitar with a lot of new instruments, and a small studio booth. She took a quick glance over the instruments, then she smiled and turned her attention back to the piano.

"Well, hello Robbie." Lucy said out loud, approaching the old piano.

"I think I have missed you."

Lucy opened Robbie's keyboard and ran her fingers over the keys.

"You still sound good Robbie." Lucy said.
"It's good to know that Jeremy didn't throw you away."

"and your name is still right here." She said while running her hand on the lid where the carved name was.

She sat down, pulled out the phone from her pocket so she could be more comfortable and she put it on the lid.

"Okay, help me with this song Robbie."

She started playing one of her favorite songs.

"I'm nothing special, in fact I'm a bit of a bore
If I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing
Cause everyone listens when I start to sing
I'm so grateful and proud
All I want is to sing it out loud

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me"

Lucy loved that song, it held so many meanings for her and so many memories.
She knew that she was blessed to have a beautiful voice and that she was lucky that music was part of her life.

While Lucy was singing the last part, she noticed that someone has joined her. She ignored that fact and kept on singing.

She knew that someone very well.
It was Jeremy Baldwin.

"Wow" Jeremy was surprised. He hadn't heard Lucy singing for so long.

"Oh Hi,..."

She didn't know what to do at that moment. She was with him in the same room.
Over the past two years, she always managed to find a way to avoid him but now she couldn't. The truth is that she didn't want to avoid him anymore.
He was once her friend, she had to admit.
She didn't know what to say to a friend that she didn't have with him a proper conversation for so long. She soon found her voice. She stood up and closed the keyboard and stepped aside.

"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be here, but when I saw the sign I couldn't help it. I entered and I saw Robbie here and I was tempted to play." She finally spoke.

"Hi Katy," Jeremy greeted, ignoring what she said.

"Seriously, Katy? I know we're twins but not that much."