•9•

Chapter nine:

It had been little more than a week since I ran away. Living in the woods.

At night, I climbed a high tree and tied myself up with a rope I found on a dead walker.. Sleeping safe and sound.

During the day, I hunted squirrels and scavenged for food, and any eatable plants. Which surprised me that there were so many.

I do admit that I miss Carl and the rest of them. But I was still furious about what Daryl did. I just couldn't stand being there anymore.

'Crack!'

A sound brought me out of my reverie. I snatched the bag full of berries and turned around, pointing my knife at the source.

A woman, dark skinned with two sword in her hands. She looked absolutely dangerous.

"Who're you?" I breathed out, clutching my knife. Although if it comes to a fight, I would surely lose.

"Michonne. And you?" She sheathed her swords and extended her hand.

"Delilah Dixon. Pleasure to meet you." I replied and shook her hand, and putting away my knife.

"You survived out here on your own?" She asked as I walked back to the prison.

She told me everything. About a town called Woodbury and a man that called himself the Governor. So I had to warn the others. Cool down period was over.

"No, I have a group. I'm just revelling in the silence. Of the peace that comes with no people around." I replied and gestured to the nature around us.

She pursed her lips, nodded her head, and looked around slowly as I got near the fence.

"But I don't think that Rick will let in strangers though." I said and nodded to the figures that bundled up and approached the fence.

"It's alright." Michonne said and gave me a smile. "Look after yourself kid."

"You too. Thank you." I hugged her and turned back to the fence as she disappeared into the woods. The group arrived at the other side, just staring at me, some furious, others relieved. Daryl looked absolutely livid.

I had changed in a week. My hair grew back, but it was uneven. So I opted in cutting it. It was a little past my chin.

I didn't bother to cover up my scar anymore. And... I got another walker bite to go with my already scarred body.

"Hey guys." I said hesitantly. "Not even a welcome home?"