•6•

Chapter six:

"Yer nothin' but a piece of thrash Delilah. Just like ye brothers. Oh how I wish I could give Daryl another beatin' instead of ye. Yer flimsy, too breakable. Weak. Dixon's cannot afford te be weak." My father spat as he kicked me in the gut.

I was laying in the floor, losing too much blood as one of my broken ribs protruded from my chest and alot of my bones were broken. I was gonna scar, again.

But suddenly the scene changed. Instead of lying on my kitchen floor, I was standing on a hill.

Green grass was tickling my bare feet, but I didn't acknowledge it. Just kept on walking too the source of a noise. A radio.

I saw Daryl first, then the rest of the group behind him. Carol was bleeding heavily, but I trudged on towards them. Mouth watering.

Their eyes widened in horror and Daryl aimed his crossbow at my head, but couldn't pull the trigger. So I lunged myself on an unsuspecting Carl and bit into his shoulder.

It's then that I realise I was a walker. It took me long enough to see my own rotting fingers.

The scene changed once again, but it was no better than the last one.

I was standing in a street, a herd of walkers just stood there, clambered on top of each other. The streets were densely packed with rotting corpses, and I was one of them. I just stood there...

Lifeless...

But I saw something that made my undying heart lurch and a painful shock run through me.

Rick's sheriff hat.

We had infiltrated the prison, cleaned up cell block C.

"Damn them nasty suckers." T-dog groaned as he rolled a dead one from the top cells. I chuckled a bit.

"Jus' clear them out." Daryl said in annoyance.

I rolled my eyes as I picked my cell. It was in the corner, the most private cell, and the only one that has one bunk bed. I packed what little I had away in no time.

"Nice place." I heard Carl say from behind me. I jumped in fright, making him laugh as I glared at him.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." I rolled my eyes and gave a soft laugh. Pulling him closer and kissing him quickly. I pulled away.

"Nuhu. You ain't getting away with just that." He pulled me back and kissed me deeply, which made my heart flutter and my stomach going into a frenzy.

"Delila-aaagh" Daryl exclaimed as he came into the cell. He covered his eyes with a scowl. "Please do that when we're all asleep." He grumbled and walked right back out.

I stood in front of Carl awkwardly, shifting from foot too foot.

"So, uhm. Let's go help the old people eh?" I stated, walking out quickly to search for an adult in need...

*~Timeskip~*

I trudged along the fence, killing walkers here and there. Moans and groans echoed through the vast field, making it all the more eerie.

"Delilah!" Daryl called, approaching me with a grin and his bike's keys. "We are going scavenging. How's that sound?"

I squealed with delight and clapped my hands together. Without another thought, I bounded off towards his bike, clambering ontop of it. A moment later, Daryl joined me and we departed...