Chapter 1

I sat alone, my black clothes making me discernible in the dark. The moonlight illuminated my body, showing the scars on my hands. My left still hurt, the skin hasn't grown back completely, and probably won't.

        "Huh, huh, huh," my body was shaking, my hands were twitching, never ceasing to stop fiddling with my knife. I grab my head, the edge of my blade digging into my right hand. "No. No. No, Brian no." blood started to seep from my new wound. "But Brian, I want to" I stand up shakily and walk with newfound energy out of the alley.

        The night air was cool, brisk. "Where? Where to go?" I smile. "Yes." I wrap my hand around the knife, ignoring the stinging pain, and start running. I cut down some alleys, across streets...and come to the buildling.

       I head to the back and look up. Remembering her telling me where she lived "If I ever needed some help." I climb up the old rusting fire escape. It creaked and groaned with each step, "Seven. Seven B. One B. Two B..." I count as I climb up. The girl, she saw me. She saw me in the alley, she wasn't afraid. I had cut myself again, badly. I ripped half the skin on my palm off gripping my knife too tightly. I was clumsy and fell; stupidly catching myself with that hand. She helped me. She wasn't afraid. My smile widens "she should be. Ha... Ha, ha , ha."