Charles gets a room

Jacob’s POV:

Why does she have so many brothers? Sneaking her out is getting harder than I thought. Her brothers haven’t notice us standing there. Three of them were talking while two of them were playing cards, and not just regular cards that men get together and play instead they are playing Yugioh cards.

I pulled Riley’s hand to quietly get to the door but instead she let go of my hand and jumped on her closest sibling, which was James. And the other brothers joined in the hug making a big pill of men on the floor with my mate getting squished in the center. I grab one person at a time and threw them off before they hurt her. When I got the last one off she had a big smile on her face.

She stood up and went to the kitchen while I followed her there. When I got there, she already had the stoves working and preparing breakfast for everyone. I walk over and picked her up. And sat her down on the stool.

“Why don’t you sit here while I prepare breakfast for you and I. Or you could take a shower while I make breakfast.” I walked over to the stove and wondered how long has it been since I last cooked. Don’t get me wrong, I could cook but I choose not to plus how hard could it be to print off a recipe off the internet and follow the directions.

I started cooking while Riley went to take a shower.

“Oh look, Riley has him house trained. He could come useful. Can we keep him please Richard, pleeeeaaaasse?” says Anthony while the brothers walk into the kitchen.

I didn’t bother responding because if I do that will lead us to arguing and Riley already had a rough day yesterday. Plus we are going college supplies shopping today so that will be plenty of time to get away from them.

Riley came into the kitchen a few seconds later and slaps Anthony’s head.

“Hey, what was that for?” he says and pouts at Riley. Wow this guy pathetic. She points at me them back to herself. I know she could just sign him what she wanted to say but I am guessing for my benefit to understand she did that. I called my advisor before going the date, and added a sign language course. This way I will learn it faster with her teaching and learning in at the institution.

I hand her plate to her and grabbed mine. We both sat down and started to eat. The Kitchen was quiet but didn’t bother to turn around to see if they were still there or not.

“Hey baby” Kathleen says and hugs Riley and sits down.

They both start to sign each other and I m guessing that means it’s between the two women. I get up and put the plate into the dish washer.

“I am going to go take a shower and I will be back so we could go shopping for the supplies we will need. I will see you in a bit.” I say and kiss her head.

I walked into the hallway where I met Charles.

“Hey man, I was looking for you. I was wondering if I could stay at your apartment for a couple of days until they leave. And before you make up your mind, please think about it.” He says and makes a puppy dog face.

“And give me one good reason why I should do that?”

“One, you will have me beside you against Riley’s brothers. Second, I know ways you could suck up to the brothers so they will welcome you and last but you will have a favor from me.”

“Yeah, I really don’t care for any of those, but there is one thing you could tell me and you could stay at my apartment as long as you want.”

“Okay, what is it?” he says nodding his head fast.

“What are the brothers hiding about Riley that no one is telling me?”

Charles looks away and frowns. “That is not my secret to tell. And Riley is my best friend; I would never say it without her telling me to do so.”

We stand there in for a few more minutes, I was hoping that he will say something after thinking about it, but he didn’t say a word.

“Fine, you could stay the apartment, but before you do I want to know the reason behind it. You would have comfortably slept on the floor if you’re Alpha said so then why you all of a sudden want a room to yourself.” I asked wanting to know why he is so excited.

“I found my mate when you all left at the restaurant. And we haven’t done the deed yet and we want to, but my room is taken and my mate stays at a dorm at college.”

“Okay as long as you change the sheets when you do do the deeds then yes you could stay in the extra room. And another thing, please keep it down at night. College starts tomorrow.” I say and start to walk off toward my apartment once again hoping to get some alone time with my mate. Just the thought of it puts a smile on my face.