Tactics

Richard’s POV:

I saw the doctor come out of the room while David was walking towards her bedroom. Riley never did like doctors since the first time she actually met a doctor was when she had to stay in the hospital for a month.

When David came back out he closed the door and joined us in the living room where all my other brothers waited.

“So George what did they give to her this time?” I asked once David was in the room.

“It’s nothing serious, they injected sedative. But they gave it in a high dose which would have killed a human but since she has Were genes; her body will only be sleeping it off.” He says to me.

“I don’t get it, since she has Were genes then she should have been awake by know?” Jacob asks from across the room. He stood were he could keep an eye on everyone at the same time he was protecting Riley’s room. Maybe I should give him a chance in the family and let him show us if he is worthy of my baby girl.

“Don’t worry about it cub, we will let you know when we think it’s ready.” I answer his question. “Is that all George or is there something else that we should know?”

“No there is nothing else that is wrong, just let her sleep it off and she will be herself again in no time” he says with a smile. I nod to him and he starts to walk out of the apartment.

“Well guys, I guess we wait and see how Riley is in the morning. For now get some sleep.” I say to all my brothers.

They get up and start to unroll their sleeping bags and start to take out their sleep clothing which was mostly boxer shorts or pajamas.

I grab my mates hand and the bag with our belonging and start to walk down the hallway when I saw Jacob walking towards Riley’s room.

“What are you still doing here?” I say getting angry thinking about him sharing my baby girls’ room.

“You said to get some sleep and I am going to do that with my mate by my side.” He says while looking into my eyes at the same time.

I was going to say more but Kathleen puts her hand on my chest to stop me.

“You go ahead sweetie, and I will take care of this big bad wolf over here.” She says and starts taking me to Charles’ room where we are going to be sleeping.

Once the door was closed, she starts to laugh and sits on the bed.

“What is so funny and why did you allow him to sleep in Riley’s room? He is a guy and I know how they think because when I found you there was only one thing on my mind and that was to claim you. I don’t want my baby to be claimed yet and he didn’t even ask for her to be claimed yet.” I say while pacing the room. This only made her laugh harder. I stop to glare at her and she stops laughing but still has a goofy smile on her face.

She pats the bed and walks over and sits down next to her. She moves and leans against the head of the bed with pillows behind her and puts her legs on my lap. I start to massage her feet since they were a little swollen.

“It just reminds me of the days when you first met my dad. He hated everything about you. From the ways you walked, talked and that you didn’t make enough money to support me. And every time you used to come over for dinner, he would think of every possible ways to scare you off. And when you left for the night, he would tell me all the flaws that you made during dinner.” She said with a big smile on her face. I smiled back at her remembering all of those things.

“He would tell me how you held the wrong spoon or fork, which to tell you the truth, I still can’t tell the difference between them besides the size. And how you finished each plate of course that was served. And the best part of this whole thing is, when we adopted Riley after your dad got killed. My dad saw how Riley had you wrapped around her tiny fingers. He said that once Riley found her mate, to give him a call and he wanted to see your reaction towards him and he also said he will help to torture and scare the guy.” She says and starts laughing.

“I guess you should give him a call. This will be a great bonding experience, and when Riley has a daughter then you could help Jacob to scare her mate”

“I really don’t want to picture my baby having babies. Let’s take it one step at a time. As for your father is concerned, maybe I should call him. He did have a lot of tactics against me, so he might easily come up with something to protect his granddaughter.”

I got up and gave her a kiss to the forehead and started to take Kathleen’s night gown out before she went to sleep.

“Here you go, now go use the bathroom and I will go make you a snack to eat.” She takes the gown from my hands and pecks me on the lips and walks into the bathroom for her to walk right back out.

“Can you make me some popcorn and bring some mayo back so I could dip the popcorn in the mayo. For some reason I am craving both of those things.” She says and walks back into the bathroom.

I sigh and made my way to the kitchen to make another most disgusting snack for my mate.