Moving In

Riley’s POV:

“Ril can you take this box up. The elevator is broken so you have to take the stairs.” Charles says while handing me the box. “And I will bring up the bags since I am more manly than you”, he says with a smile knowing that I would have punched him if I was not holding something. So I rolled my eyes and started going up the stairs.

I was finally on the fifth floor where our apartment was. There are two apartments on each floor, making each apartment very big. And that was a good thing because as much as I love Charles to death, but I do need my space just to keep my sanity.  

I turned around in the hallway and walked right into someone. The heavy box fell and all off cookware came rushing out of the box. Without even looking at the person I walked into, I hand signal my apologies and bent down to put the cookware back into my box.

He also bent down and helped me put the stuff back into the box. “I see you are my new neighbor. I live right across from you.” He said pointing to at the door. Then he reached for one of the pans I was reaching for and touched each other. It’s like sparks just going through my arm then throughout my whole body. I knew what that meant and I was waiting for this person. I have just found my mate.

He quickly looks up and we both are just staring into each other’s eyes. He had hazel eyes and they were just nice to look at. His had long brown hair and had wide shoulders. He was just perfect. When we finally had everything back in the box, we stood up and he was tall. I had to look up to just see his face. Then all of a sudden he looks at me and looks disappointed.

Do I look that bad? Then he looks at me and says “Look I am not ready for a mate. I have a girlfriend that I am happy with. Don’t take this the wrong way; I am just not ready to take on the responsibility. I just want to live my life as carefree.” He then turns around just as the elevator dings on our floor. And out walks Charles carrying all our bags. When he sees me standing in the hallway, he starts to laugh.

“It’s a miracle Ril, the elevator started to work when I pushed the button, so I guess you didn’t have to take the stairs after all. I am going to put your bags in your room then I will go get mine so you can take a breather.” He says still laughing and walking by me into the apartment.

I turned around to look at my mate glaring at me. “Who was that and what is he doing in your apartment?” he questions me.

I start looking through my purse for my mini notepad I carry around so I could communicate with people who didn’t know sign language. I found it and started writing.

“Why are you getting mad when you don’t want me to be your mate now but to have your little fun. I didn’t question you about your girlfriend so you have no rights telling me who I could have fun with. And the last thing you should know is that, that apartment is mine, who could stay in my apartment is up to me not you.” I wrote and ripped it out of my notepad and handed it to him. I bent down grabbed my box and went into my apartment and closed the door in my mates face. I put the box down in the kitchen and walked into my room and let my tears finally escape.